Midnight (Final)

"I missed him..." you murmured sadly as you looked at the still water. You looked at the hat and frowned. It was as if he left immediately on purpose. He really didn't like you, did he? He never looked you directly in the eye, only having a form of any interaction when you brought him a drink. Or maybe he did that to get (s/n)'s attention. When he said 'good evening', it was probably meant for your stunning sister. Sure, she has the manners of a farmer but her looks could rival Boa Hancocks. Maybe he left the hat for her? So next time he came, he could thank (s/n) for the hat? You sighed. If only...

"If only you looked at me..." you said softly, hugging the hat closely. Suddenly, a chuckle could be heard from behind you. You turned around curiously and almost gasped. There he was. Mihawk. Sitting on a crate against the wall, watching you. What? He was still here? But his ship was gone? Even more surprising: he was looking at you, right in your eyes. Maybe his eyes scared others, but you could only feel comfort when you saw them. The swordsman stood up and walked towards you. Right, the hat! "M-Mihawk-san, you forgot your hat at the bar! I'm terribly sorry for-"

You started apologising but were interrupted by Mihawk placing his hat on your head and taking your hands. "My dear, I have only been looking at you." He said smoothly. You blushed as she heard him. "W-what?" You stammered, your hands shaking. "The moment I first walked into that bar, I saw you. I thought I just felt a small affection for you, like most men have for beautiful women. But everytime you were next to me, greeted me, smiled at me... that affection grew bigger and bigger. I wasn't sure what to do, since no woman has ever made me feel this way, so I kept silent and watched. Watched you, (y/n)." He confessed, his eyes turning warmer by each word he spoke. You couldn't believe your ears.

Did he... just confess? "I have been visiting this island for so many years now... I'm tired of waiting." He smiled and took one of your hands to his lips and kissed it. "I left my hat on purpose, hoping it was you that would bring me it. And just now, I've heard the words I was hoping to hear." Mihawk spoke softly, tracing each finger with featherlight kisses. You stood frozen and face heated up. If hearts could beat as fast as a seatrain, yours most certainly did.

"I...I-I..." you stuttered. Your affection... your admiration... your love for this man wasn't one-sided. Not at all. You have been in love with him, but not from the beginning. Not like him. "I've always been looking at you. I'll always look, no, I'll only look at you. Always. That is, my dear..." he said before pulling you closer, his finger lifting up her chin, "If you would do me the honor of becoming mine.".

The clocks of the nearby church rang. It was midnight. The gracious melody created by these bells made your answer unhearable, but the smile and the most loving expression on your features were everything Mihawk needed to know. He leant in as soft lips met his. A short kiss, but with a meaning as deep as the seas could go.

"(Y/n)... that name doesn't really suit you..." Mihawk chuckled as he broke the kiss. The woman looked at him confused. "I know a much better name for you..."

The man caressed your cheeks and kissed your forehead.

"Mi Luna..."

---------------------------------
Oh my, I hope this was good enough. I wrote this in a few minutes because I had some Mihawk feels... Hehehe 😅