1

Auston

Being able to get back home after being in Toronto for 2 weeks felt amazing. Trust me I loved being in Toronto getting to know my new team and my new home. I just need to be with my family and friends again.

Stepping out of the Arizona airport and stepping into Arizona's extra hot air felt amazing. I really missed being in the nice hot weather. Walking toward the curbside, I catch my dad and mom waiting with my sisters. "Hi mom,dad," I said hugging each one of them.

We all hopped in the car heading back to our house. Just driving home and seeing all my favorite places was amazing. Being away for two weeks was nothing but I had to say bye to my home town in 2 months. I have to make the best of it. Pulling up to our house I hopped out of the car, grabbed my bag, and ran inside my house.

Walking into my room I changed into a t shirt, a bathing suit, some sneakers and rushed downstairs. "Mom I'm going to matt's house. I'll be back later tonight." I grabbed the keys to my car I have not drove in for weeks and headed to my friend matts house. Matt was having a Little Barbecue so might as week go. I pull up to his street and parked my car.

I walked into his backyard to see this was not a little barbecue but more like a big ass barbecue. "Matthew Matthew Matthew" I shook my head at one my friends. "What happened to a little barbecue?" shaking my head at him. "If I would've told you this was gonna be a big party you would've not came" he handed me a beer. "True. As long as you have some beer for me then we're all good."

I looked around the party and see a lot of people I don't know. Landing my eyes on this one girl all alone I decide to walk over and talk to her. "Hey, your at a party and you sit here alone?" I smiled at her and she cracked a smile. "Well everyone seems to be talking with hockey players or about hockey. I don't know much about hockey." I gasped. "Ok well stick with me and trust me you'll be fine. Just follow me." She follows me towards some of my friends. "Oh what's your name by the way?" She smiled "jamie. You?" Smiling, "it's Auston"

We surrounded my friends and just joined in the conversation. "Hey guys this is Jamie. I found her by the tree by herself." Most of the guys and girls said hi Jamie in unison. "But dude if you honestly think Crosby is better then ovenchkin i don't know what's wrong you."

"Dude they're both great why are you guys arguing about stupid shit again" I exclaimed and laughed. Everyone laughed. We all went in the pool,played beer pong and flip cup, and just drank and had fun for the next few hours.

As the barbecue came to an end me and Jamie broke away from the rest of them. "Ok so it's a long summer so maybe I can have your number and I can teach you all about hockey?" Jamie nodded and entered her number in my phone. "Ok cool I'll text you" I waved goodbye and hopped in my car heading home.

Ok hi so it's short but just a little something to get this started! Enjoy :-)
- Melisa