Jerk Theory (Stiles)

"How come that all the girls like guys like Jackson or Aiden? I mean he's a jerk." Stiles said as he looked at a jock and me flirting.
"I don't know dude." Scott sighed.
"They always fall for the jerks."

Scott looked at Stiles.

"Sorry it's the story of your life." Stiles sighed.
"Just forget about her." Scott sighed.
"No I love her, but my 15 year plan is on hold now thanks to that idiot." Stiles complained.
"I thought you had a 10 year plan."
"Well I'm still stuck in the friend zone okay." Stiles complained.
"Stuck?" Scott laughed.
"what?" Stiles asked.
"Nothing. Stuck is just an understatement."
"What do you mean?" Stiles asked.
"Stiles you are the mayor of the friend zone." Scott said.
"That's not true." Stiles huffed.
"Stiles!" I smiled.
"Hey (Y/N)." He smiled.
"I have cheerleading try-outs tonight and I don't have a ride home can you please come pick me up?" I asked.
"I don't know I promised my dad to help him." Stiles sighed.
"Alright I'll just walk home in the dark and with all the supernatural threats." I said and wanted to walk away.
"Wait!" Stiles shouted louder than he wanted.
"Yes, Stiles?" I said looking at him with my puppy eyes.
"Fine. When do I have to pick you up?" Stiles agreed.
"At 6. Thank you Stiles. I knew I could count on you. You're such a good friend." I smiled and hugged him before going back to my friends and the hottie.
"You okay man?" Scott asked.
"Oh my god I'm mayor of the friend zone." Stiles realised.
"Now what?" Scott asked.
"I've got an idea." Stiles said.
"You're going to regret this." Scott said.

...

I was talking to the hottie after cheerleading. Stiles was late. This was unusual.

"I could give you a ride you know. We could stop at my house. I'm alone." He smiled.
"I'm sure he'll be here soon." I said avoiding eye contact.
"Fine. I have a question though. Would you like to be my date to prom?"
"Yeah sure."

He tried to kiss me. I stepped back. I was surprised when Derek's car drove up the parking lot. Stiles got out dressed like Derek: leather and attitude. I looked confused.

"Ready to go babe." Stiles said.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
"Such a hot chick shouldn't walk." He said with a jerk attitude.

I was mad and got in the car. I liked his jeep better. His sweetness was what made Stiles, Stiles.

"What do you think isn't it a beauty? Better than my old wreck." Stiles said.
"What are you talking about? Your Jeep, Roscoe, was your baby." I said.
"Chicks dig cool cars." He said.
"Stiles stop the car."
"The names not Stiles, Stiles is a lame name. I like to be called Donny." He said.
"No! That is not your name!" I shouted.
"It is now." He said.
"Just stop the car!"
"But-" Stiles tried.
"Stop the car!! You're a jerk! Don't talk to me. I hate you!" I shouted and open the door of the driving vehicle.

Stiles stopped. I got out and ran away.

"No (y/n) wait." He tried.

I ignored him and cried. Why was he like that I lost my best friend. I locked myself in my room.

...

It was 6 am when someone knocked on my door I looked from my window. It was Stiles. He had his jeep back. I waited till he left to go check. He had left a note. It was a drawing I gave him 6 years ago and a note.

'I'm sorry. X Stiles'

I sighed. I took my stuff and went to school. I ignored everyone. I didn't feel like talking to anyone.

"(Y/n), wait please." Stiles tried.
"Leave me alone." I said.
"Please. I'm sorry. I was a jerk. Just please, I can't lose you." Stiles sounded sincere.
"Why did you do it?" I asked.
"Because I thought that maybe, just maybe, you'd like me."
"Are you hearing yourself?"
"I know it sounds ridiculous. I know, but it's the truth. You've got guys like me, they go into the friend zone and guys like Derek and other jocks always get the most beautiful girls. So I thought, since they were all jerks, I would give it a try. I borrowed Derek's car and jacket. I just wanted you to see me as more than a friend I'm done wi-" Stiles rambled.
"Stiles stop." I said.

He shut up. I felt so confused about myself. Did Stiles just call me beautiful? Did he try to say that he loved me?

"It's okay." I said.
"So we're cool?" he asked.
"We are. Look I really got to go but let's talk over lunch." I smiled.
"Yeah sure one question though." He said.
"Anything." I smiled.
"Would you like to be my date to prom?" Stiles asked.
"I kind of already have a date to prom. I'm sorry." I said.

The hurt expression on his face pierced like a knife through my heart.

"Oh. Okay." Stiles sighed and walked away.
"Stiles?" I tried but he ignored it and kept walking away.

...

I was staring at my reflection. Stiles and I barely spoke since I turned him down. He was too busy he said. He had never been too busy to talk to me. I still wore my bracelet. He gave it to me when we were 4. It didn't really match my outfit but I didn't care. My outfit was less important than Stiles.

When I got there I saw my date making out with another girl

When I got there I saw my date making out with another girl. I felt stupid. I just wanted to run away. On my way out I saw Stiles with Lydia. Of course he picked her.

"Hi Stiles." I smiled.
"Hey." Stiles smiled.
"Good to see you here. You brought Lydia as your date. I'm proud of you." I smiled.
"Thanks, so where is your date?" He asked.
"He um is busy kissing someone else." I confessed.
"Really? That sucks." Stiles said.

I wanted to say something but Lydia called him and he went to her. I looked at my bracelet and felt my heart break again. Now I knew for sure. I fell for Stiles Stilinski. Scott looked my direction. I just walked home.

...

"Scott have you seen (y/n)?" Stiles asked.
"I believe she went home." Scott responded.
"Good then I can do this." Stiles said and hit the jock in his face.
"Stiles." Scott said and pulled Stiles back.
"That's for hurting (y/n)." Stiles shouted.
"I'll get you nerd!" He shouted back.
"Let's go." Scott said and pulled him back.
"I have to find her. I love her. I'm not letting my chance go by." Stiles said and got in his jeep.
"Go Stiles." Lydia smiled.
"Thanks Lydia." He smiled.

Stiles took off. I was walking to my house. I already got rid of my shoes. I heard someone pull up next to me. I smiled when I saw Stiles.

"Stiles." I smiled.
"Hi." He smiled.
"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Lydia?" I asked.
"No I'm right where I'm supposed to be with the love of my life ... and you." Stiles joked.

I laughed and hopped in the jeep.

"Where to miss?" Stiles asked.
"Right here." I smiled and kissed him.

Stiles immediately kissed back.

"I love you." I smiled.
"I love you too." Stiles smiled.