I Am Petrified

"Sometimes the bravest thing I can do,
is to admit that I'm scared."

I am running down my street, trying to get away from whatever was behind me. My lungs where gasping for breath, but everytime I breathed in, the air would cut my lungs like a knife.
I quickly glanced behind me so that I could see if the monster was still chasing after me. To my surprise, there was nothing there. I skidded to a stop and bent down, trying to inhale air as much as I could.

I was walking home from school when I heard a branch suddenly snap. I was in deep thought at the time, so I thought it was something chasing after me. Yes, I know. I'm pretty much scared-y cat, but I can't help it! Sometimes I just hear something loud and all of a sudden my legs start going crazy. Why can't I just be normal? My mother and father doesn't get scared easily, so why am I? Sometimes I think I'm just not in touch with reality.

I stood back up after taking my last intake of breath and walked the rest of the way home...

"Hello sweetie! How was school?" my mother chirped when I walked into the house. Her face then fell when she saw my messy hair and wrinkled clothes from me running so much.
"What happened?!" she practically yelled.
"I-I heard a branch snap and I thought that someone was following me, so I-I ran the rest of the way home."
"Oh, Petra. You never change, do you?"
"I g-guess not." I said, still stuttering from the incident.
"Well, go do your homework, im going to get ready for work..."
My mom does night shifts, and my dad doesn't come back from work until early in the morning, so I often get really scared at night and can't sleep.
________________________________***_________________________________

It was now nighttime, and I was laying in my bed with my eyes wide open. Insomnia seemed to have swept me up into their arms while whispering different things into my ear; things that I should be afraid of. Almost every night when my mom and dad have work at night, I just can't sleep. My brain tends to make me think of the worst possible things that could happen while they're gone, causing me to not get much rest. Who knows what could happen? A burglar could come in and try to rape me, or even try to kidnap me.....or he could kidnap me then rape me. God, my brain was now exploding from over thinking too much. I need to get rest...

Okay.....sleep!
....my eyes wouldn't close.

Okay...........now, sleep!

...........what is wrong with me?

Sleep! Sleep! SLEEP! SLEEP!

I kept yelling at myself to sleep until I finally closed my eyes.

I can't deny it now.....im scared, but what could happen? I locked the doors and windows, NOTHING should happen. So why am I feeling like this?

Just as I was about to drift off into sleep, I got awoken by a strange noise.

CREEK, CREEK.

what tHE JFKSNDKWOEKEMS FUCK!

My brain then exploded of the possibilities that someone might be in the house. I then heard it again...

CREEK, CREEK.

SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!

What do I do? I've never had this happen to me.

CREEK, CREEK.

This time, the noise get louder, and closer. I was practically dead.

Maybe mom got home from work early? No, that's stupid, Petra. Stop it.

Then, as if whatever was out there knew I was afraid, decided to stomp its way closer to me...

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM

The footsteps echoed and rumbled the house like an earthquake. I quickly shot out of bed and stood near my window, and like the idiot that I was, I kept standing there looking at my door...waiting.

BOOM.........BOOM.........BOOM.

The stomping was now so loud that I thought it was coming from right next to me. By now, it was slowing down, meaning that whatever was behind that door, was getting real close. Finally, as if giving out the final act of a scene, one last stomp was made to signify that the creature was now here.

BOOM!!!

The door to my room burst open, making a hole in my wall from causing such an impact to it. What made me bewildered and even more scared was that nothing was behind the door. So I stood there like a statue, not wanting to go and see if there really was anyone out there. After a few minutes of me standing there, a voice came from behind me. A male voice, who whispered into my ear:

"I see you're too scared to say anything..."

A shiver went up my spine and, as if on cue, my legs acted up and I found my self jumping out my window to get away from whatever was behind me.

I ran down my streets till my breath started to catch up with me, and that my breaths where painful and sharp. But I continued going, deeper and deeper till I went into a strange forest...