Chapter 17- Fifa

Happy Reading :)~important note at bottom 

I woke up in the morning with a bad feeling in my gut. I had just talked to my mother about my relationship problems or my lack of a relationship and she told me that she would back me up if this was what I wanted.

Did I want this? I know it wouldn't be only my decision, I had to talk to Damon.

I didn't want to roll out of bed but I could smell the bacon from downstairs. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, wiping away the rest of the make up that didn't come off last night.

"Good morning raccoon."

"Good morning Rat." I bit back not even knowing or caring who threw the first insult.

"We can't have one pleasant morning?" My mother pleaded. Leo was helping her make breakfast and he shook his head laughing. I sat down next to Joey and took out my phone.

Hey we should talk soon- Lyd

"Where's Greg?" I asked, him and Felix were the only ones missing from the table, other than my father and our jet-lagged cousins.

No one answered.

"No? No one's gonna answer?"

"Ma you should've seen us last night it was crazy," Marcus shouted once our Mickey Theo and George came down the stairs.

"It was crazy!"
"Ten guys at once!"
"I broke his face."
"My guy is dead, no doubt."
"Shut up you barely bruised him."
"Mickey would have died."
"That's a lie!"
"Americans are crazy."
"Mickey you're an idiot."
"He started it!"
"You started it."
"You guys are idiots."
"Shut up Lydia!"

"Boys!" My mother shouted and everyone fell silent, "Hungry?"

*An hour later*

The boys were playing Fifa on the couch and I was anxiously waiting for a text back from Damon. I wanted to talk to him before I said anything to anyone, why risk my life unless I had confirmation from Damon.

"Who could you possibly be texting at 11 AM?" Said Melvin not looking up from the screen.

"I'm not texting anyone." 

My phone screen suddenly lit up 

I'll pick you up, 1?-D 

Sure

My stomach flipped, I was gonna talk to him at 1, what was he doing now? Was he with someone? Was he with Rachel? 

These thoughts swirled around my head threatening my calm collected attitude. I couldn't think like that. We would talk and figure it out, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.  It excited me, the thought of possibly having a healthy relationship with Damon and not keep it from my brothers.

I deleted the text, out of habit and sunk back into the couch. I looked at Melvin, still concentrated on the "intense" game. I didn't know if I could trust Lexi, of course I had gotten past the whole Ronnie situation, and of course I didn't really care what she and Melvin did, after last night it was clear something was going on. It was just the fact that she was now closer to Melvin.

Who was to say she wouldn't tell him before I did. I hated the feeling of not being able to tell anyone, especially my best friend. My only ally was my mother. I walked over to her.

"Hi Mama," I hugged her from behind. She was sitting on a chair looking at restaurant paperwork, probably bills. 

"Hi my love," She kissed my arm.