one

Chapter One;

From the moment the Malfoy family reached King's Cross Station, Sunhi kept a sharp eye out for her friends, scanning the crowds like a hawk hunting its prey. She bumped into several people, causing more attention being diverted to their family than was necessary – especially when they already received a fair bit of unwanted focus due to the two owls in their cages. And then there was Sunhi's appearance to book: knee-length boots, short black skirt, and bright orange tank top underneath a denim jacket. Not even to mention to highlights in her hair.

Sunhi didn't care what other people thought of her. She dressed for one person: herself. If she was comfortable in these clothes, then damn anyone else, she was going to wear them.

Beside her, Scorpius rolled his eyes. "Lost something?" he teased his older sister.

Well, really, they were twins, though Sunhi had been born five minutes earlier. She claimed this was grounds enough to classify her as older, and was the topic of ongoing debate between herself and her brother since the time they could talk.

Seohyun picked out an earbud. "Sorry, what?"

Scorpius groaned and pulled away from her. "I can hear your music from here. How are you not deaf?"

"Magic, brother dear. There's a really useful spell-"

In front, their parents exchanged exasperated looks.

"Come on, you two, let's get onto the platform before you reveal the wizarding world to the Muggles," their mother, Seohyun, sighed.

Out of the two of their parents, Sunhi would have to say she was closest to her mother. Seohyun was Sunhi's true connection to the Korean half of her heritage. It was Seohyun who taught Sunhi how to speak her native language, and write in Hangul. It was Seohyun who taught them about her culture, and organised their yearly visits to South Korea. The Malfoys spent several weeks ever summer in South Korea, visiting extended family and generally enjoying themselves.

Sunhi was so proud of being half-Korean. She wouldn't have changed it for the world – even if she had to put up with white idiots who looked down on her. She gave each one a piece of her mind every time.

That wasn't to say her father wasn't great. Draco loved both Sunhi and Draco, and took such pride in them. He spoiled them rotten, too, and always made time for them. There was so much love for them in his heart – in secret, their mother confided in the twins that it was because he hadn't had a very loving family when he was growing up, and didn't want his children feeling the same way.

One by one, they walked through the barrier separating the Muggle world from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. As per usual, it was chaos: smoke in the air, animals making various noises, students yelling when they spotted old friends.

Draco pulled Sunhi into a warm embrace.

"Have a good term," he said, as Seohyun hugged Scorpius.

"Try to avoid getting into too much trouble," Seohyun warned.

Sunhi shrugged as she hugged her mother goodbye. "I make no promises."

Her parents sighed and shook their heads.

"That's what I'm afraid of," Seohyun grumbled, while Draco closed his eyes, as though already bracing himself for the letters that would be sent their way.

Seohyun laughed and waved furiously. "Bye Mum, Dad! Love you heaps, see you at Christmas!" She grasped her brother's wrist and yanked him along. "Scorp, quick, we need to bag a carriage."