I Chose You

You sleep soundly against Donatello, your head on his chest, your hands curled up near your face. Donnie runs his fingers through your hair gently, letting you rest for as long as possible. You two are situated on the couch, you sleeping after a long day of training and inventing. Donnie can't sleep though. There is a strange feeling in his gut, unsettling, somehow trying to warn him that nothing would ever be the same. He wraps his arms around you tighter, his eyes fill with worry.

-What's gonna happen? Why do I feel like my whole world is about to fall apart?- Donnie glances down at you, steadying his once panicked breathing. You are so peaceful. Relaxed. You feel safe in his arms, knowing he will protect you.
Donnie takes a deep breath to calm himself, gluing his eyes to you.
-As long as you're here, my Flower, then I'm sure it'll be ok..-

You stir, your eyes fluttering open momentarily to glance up at Donnie, as if to be sure he's there. You smile sleepily at him, taking his hand and lacing your fingers with his before drifting back to sleep.

-My Flower.. she truly is my Flower..- Donnie can't help but smile. He was wrong before. There was a chance for him. You are his to hold, not Leo, not Raph, not Mikey. You chose him.
"You chose me.." he whispers, brushing strands of hair away from your face.

-I chose you, Donnie.- You smile slightly as you squeeze his hand, feeling his fingertips graze your forehead, cheek and jaw.

Donnie decides to ignore the feeling in his gut. After all..

Y/n is his world, and he can't even imagine the possibility of his world being taken away.

He could never dream of his world falling apart.