《Sirius x Reader》

• Your POV •

Every year was the same. Stay at Hogwarts every Christmas with Lily as you exchanged gifts, avoided the Marauders as best as you possibly could and assisted Professor Flitwick decorate the Great Hall.

You opened your eyes slowly to reveal the dark common room. It was probably around 7 in the morning but it was the Christmas break so you didn't know why you awoke so early.

You turned to Lily's bed next to you to see wether she was awake but was greeted with an empty bed.

Confused, you dragged yourself out of bed to search for your read headed friend.

-Time skip brought to you by Sirius' fabulous hair-

After searching all around the castle- even going to the lengths of searching the dungeons- which wasn't a particularly nice thing in the middle of winter- you decided to ask around to see wether anyone had saw her.

And this is how you became stuck decorating the Great Hall with Sirius Black himself.

Sirius's POV

Everyone but (Y/N) knew about Lily's unexpected sickness.

By everyone I meant every.one. James- the love smitten fool- had decided to shout from the rooftops about his 'precious Lilyflower' being ill.

However due to (Y/N)'s mild concern about her friend she decided to look around the castle herself instead of asking wether anyone had saw Lily.

I can't believe I have a slight crush on (Y/N). This probably proves why she wasn't a Ravenclaw; although she had began the rumour that the sorting hat had contemplated placing her in Ravenclaw.

Professor Flitwick had told some of his house's students to spread the open position of helping to decorate the Great Hall as Lily had fallen ill.

Well if (Y/N) usually helps Lily to decorate the Hall, this could be my chance...

Your POV

After some contemplation, you had decided to ask around to see wether anyone had saw Lily.

While manoeuvring yourself through the ever changing staircases, you ran into Alice, another one of Lily's friends.

You two weren't particularly close but she still stopped to smile at you. As she began to walk away you called her back.

"Yes (Y/N)?"

"I was wondering wether you've saw Lily around?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and replied "Haven't you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Lily was ill in the middle of the night and was sent to the infirmary..."

You gasped by this point, awestruck at your best friend's condition.

"Thanks Alice"

"No problem (Y/N)

-Time skip with Remus howling in the background-

After you had visited Lily, you went to Professor Flitwick to confirm you were still assisting in decorating. He notified you that Sirius Black was going to help.

"But-but sir-" you start.

"Please (Y/N)," he began, "Believe me I don't know what's gotten into him, but just be grateful for the help."

"Yes Professor," you sighed

▪Time skip because Peter Pettigrew is an arse▪

You were around a quarter through decorating and Black still hadn't shown. You were getting beyond mad as this was supposed to be a joint effort yet he hadn't even turned up!

At that precise moment he waltzed through the doors, a smirk on his face and as soon as he noticed you, perched on a ladder hanging up streamers the beauti- horrid glint in his eye increased.

The first words he spoke were, "Hun, you do realise we possess the art of magic? We don't need ladders..."

You deadpanned.

"I er- I knew that."

"Then why, might I ask, you're using a ladder instead of magic?" He questions, a smug grin evident on his face.

"Me and Lily prefer to use muggle methods- it's a way of linking Christmas back to our home"

He stood there for a moment, the grin started to vanish slowly and as he opened his mouth to comment, you interrupted,

"I know it's weird, and I'd prefer for you to-"

"Listen, I think it's- I think it's pretty neat. How you try and reconnect; I wish I could try and do something like that"

You blushed and began to descend the ladder and as you felt the last rung with my foot you turned my head toward the entrance- where Sirius previously stood- to notice he'd disappeared.

"Need some help m'lady?"

He stood at the bottom of the ladder, one hand outstretched towards you, the other placed behind his back like a true gentleman.

"Why thank you kind sir," you replied and giggled as you took his hand.

"My pleasure madame," he smirked and winked. At this you rolled your eyes, but blushed nonetheless.

Soft music began to twirl it's way into the Hall, and as you made eye contact it was made apparent what Sirius wanted to attempt.

"Nonononnonono. Sirius Orion Black. No."

"Please?" He begged, "Just one dance?"

"Dammit Black, you and your puppy dog eyes!"

"Yes!"

He took your other hand and placed it on his neck and placed his on your waist. Goosebumps began to erupt on your entire body. Cornish pixies began to flutter in your belly.

And you danced.

You danced and you danced and you danced.

As the last notes of the tune floated through the dance drew to a close.

Sirius brushed a loose (Y/HC) hair strand behind your ear.

He lowered his voice and spoke in a hushed whisper, "I don't get why you didn't want to dance; you're amazing at it. You're amazing."

You blushed and replied, "It doesn't matter now..."

"Because you did it," he whispered, and brushed his lips against yours. He leaned back to check for your confirmation, but you replied with grasping the nape of his neck and pushing him forward to connect his lips again with yours.