Chapter 1

A/N: Hello, everyone! This will be a series of oneshots about Annabeth's life through her father's eyes. Sorry about the short length of this. Next chapter will be longer, I promise. Enjoy! And please review! 

Disclaimer: Sadly, I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or Heroes of Olympus.

July 12, 1993

Frederick Chase stood by the door of his house, a cup of tea in one hand, a book in the other. Upon opening the door, he found a small golden cradle on the step. He quickly lifted the sheet, and to his surprise, he was met with a baby. A baby with gray eyes that seemed so familiar.

Frederick noticed an owl watching the scene from the gatepost.

Athena, he realized. The baby was a child of Athena. His child.

He picked up the child from the golden cradle. A quick check revealed she wa a girl.

Frederick noticed a small, handwritten note at the bottom of the cradle. It read:

Dear Frederick,

A gift. Please raise her. A brain child, born from my thoughts. She is our daughter.

Athena.

Too short a message for all the information it contained.

No. This couldn't be happening. He was a history professor, with little time for anything other than work. Frederick scoffed. How was he supposed to  take care of a baby? He didn't have time. Dr. Frederick Chase had plans. Big plans.

And they didn't involve a squirming, red, screaming infant with her mother's eyes, and traces of his hair.

"Athena," he called. The owl cocked its head. "Why must I raise her?"

The owl turned into a woman with black hair, and cold, but inquisitive gray eyes. She frowned.

"Heroes are to be raised by their mortal parents, Frederick, and not their godly ones." Athena picked up the child and placed her in Frederick's arms.

"Here." the goddess said. "Take your daughter."

"Why can't you raise her on Olympus?" came the response.

"It isn't the way. A half mortal, on Olympus?" Athena laughed harshly. "Zeus would never approve of that."

The baby started to cry. Frederick looked down, mystified.

"She's hungry." the goddess notified him. "You have to feed her. I must be on my way. Gods aren't supposed to interact with their mortal children." And with that, she kissed the baby lightly, and disappeared.

"Wait!" he called. "What's her name?"

Receiving no answer, he racked his mind for a suitable name.

"Annabeth." he finally decided. It meant favor, grace, and God is satisfied. Or in this case, goddess.

He carried the baby into the house, hoping to find something suitable for her to eat.

A/N: Anyone have any suggestions for the next chapter? Oh, and please review! Reviews are greatly appreciated! Thanks, guys! :) I'll get next chapter up as soon as possible.