Nico Di Angelo~My Sunlight

How to save someone who doesn't want to be saved? A person who had lost all the good things in life, a person who's inner darkness was closing in? It sounds near impossible, but someone has to try.

A young, h/c-haired girl knocked on the door of Cabin 13. "Neeks, are you in there?" she called. Quiet sobs could be heard coming from the other side of the door. The sounds tore at the girl's heart. She turned the doorknob, finding it unlocked. Y/N walked in to find Nico crying on his bed, a dagger in his hands. Blood ran from his wrists like a river. Tears came to Y/N's e/c eyes. "Nico..." she murmured, running over to her best friend. "Why?" she was all she said. She grabbed her satchel and pulled out a roll of gauze. "There's nothing left for me here, the physical pain is the only thing that masks the emotional pain." he whispered, holding out his wrists. Y/N's s/c hands shook as she wrapped his wounds. When she finished, she pulled him into a hug, wrapping her arms around his shoulder, pressing her face into his chest. Nico put his chin on her shoulder. "You have friends, a sister,... me." Y/N cried, pulling back to look at his face. "We care about you, for gods sake, I care about you. Seeing you like this, hurting yourself and fighting depression alone will kill me long before any monster will. I can't stand to see you like this Nico! I..." she paused. "You really care that much?" he asked, stroking a strand of hair behind her ear, pressing his hand to her s/c cheek. "I love you Neeks, no matter what. You were there for me when I needed you most, so I can at least try to return the favor." she whispered, blushing a pale red color. Nico leaned in and pressed his forehead to her's. "I love you too, Y/N/N." was all he said. He placed his lip over hers, kissing her gently. She kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck, playing with the tips of his shaggy, black hair. His hands came around her to set on her waist. They pulled apart. "Dam lungs, needing air." she told him, smiling. For the first time in weeks, Nico smiled back. Y/N then looked him straight in the face. "Promise me you will never do this again, ok Neeks?" she asked. "I might be surrounded by darkness and despair, but it will never affect me again. Do you know why?" Y/N shook her head. "Because I have you, la mia luce del sole." he whispered.

la mia luce del sole