Day Three

The early rays of sun slip past my eyelids and make me cringe awake. I know Andrew is still sleeping by the silent snores he breathes out. No dreams at all last night; a delightful change for once. But today I just feel... off. Like my mind has shut down, leaving me numb to the world.

Without even a glance at the boy in my bed I make my way to the bathroom. My hands are slightly shaking, but that's normal for me. My heart's beat is shallow and it makes me dizzy. Maybe this is what I'd die from. A heart murmur or flutter or whatever the f*ck you want to call it.

I raise my left arm, searching for the large, pale bump. My fingers slide down, applying pressure, until I feel the familiar pinch in my nerves that lies under the darkened skin. I knead my knuckles into it for a bit, wincing before letting out a sigh. Instinctively, I raise my fisted hand and slam it back down. My pale skin goes slightly red and tightens. I do it again, and again, and again, and again, until I'm satisfied.

By the time I'm done, my skin is stiff and blotted with red splotches that are quickly turning a light bluish color. By the end of the day I know they'll be a light brown, barely noticeable by untrained eyes. Scars are questioned, bruises are waved off.

I know I said that I didn't hurt myself, but I hate feeling numb. Today's one of the rare days where my mind goes blank, making me do stupid things. The tiny bruise is just a reminder that I need. It reminds me that I can have control over my mind- my mind that is now urging me to go find out peoples Numbers.

No matter how confusing my choices are, I know that feeling a little pain is substantially better than feeling someone's death. My mindset is out of the norm and I feel like I would've gone psycho by the time I was twenty. Thank god no one has to worry about that little mishap.

Being careful not to wake up a sleeping Andy, I pad back into my room and grab some clothes from a trunk in the corner of the room (Loonie doesn't believe in dressers or wardrobes. Only trunks and closets.) I click the bathroom door shut behind me and ready the shower.

The clothes I slept in are peeled away and I let the cold water pelt my back and neck as it warms up. My hair clings to my neck and scrapes against my shoulders every time I turn my head. I now realize that I'm just standing here and I quickly finish my shower using Loonie's sickly flower-scented soaps.

I smell like a f*cking daisy.

My hair is towel dried by the time I walk into my room, fully clothed. Andrew is still asleep, but I don't have the propriety to walk him up. Normally, I would either wait for him to wake up or just settle down beside him, but like I said. I'm mentally disarranged today.

So I decide to take off. No time for the f*ckery of doors, no sir; today's a window day.

This room has one of those windows that opens sideways when you crank a lever. I do so and jump to the ground, ignoring the jolt that I received when I landed. My ignorance of doors is rewarded when I hear Loonie pounding on my door for my room, telling me to wake up. I'd rather not have to explain why I'm leaving at the moment.

I slip into the invisible vastness of the woods just before I hear my name being called. With a mental grin, I stroll in to the woods, unseen by those two a*s hats.