Extended Summary

◈ ◈ ◈ 

  ◈ ◈ ◈ 

❝ In your eyes, there's a heavy blue.
One to love and one to lose.
Sweet divine, a heavy truth. 
Water or wine, don't make me choose.❞ 

Prudence Owens has crafted the perfect facade for her life with steady grades, a pressed cheerleading skirt, cat-eye sunglasses, an obsession with movies that her mother thinks is ridiculous and a thoughtful yet mundane boyfriend. But that facade, and just like the perfect-daughter facade, are starting to crack and shatter. 

And it all starts when thrill, danger and wildness speeds into her life in the form of the new bad boy that's itching to take the title of King at Hawkins High School. Billy Hargrove is burning with badness and violence and easily gets under Prue's skin in the most annoying yet electric way. And while she wants very little to do with the golden lion of a boy, the world keeps tossing them together, like some strange cosmic joke on her, who can't seem to keep her curiosity or furious impulses in check. 

But darkness is coming for them all, one that wants to devour the world. And Prue and the rest of Hawkins are in the dark about what is really happening in the small and once quiet Indiana town. But she knows a shadow is creeping closer and she grows suspicious of the work her father, Sam Owens, is conducting or hiding at Hawkins Lab. Yet the brunette teenager isn't wrong about the darkness that is coming for them all with unearthly and abnormal conviction.

❝  This is some real strange B-rated horror movie crap! I totally dig it.❞ 

❝  And things are only gonna get stranger from here! ❞ 

    ◈ ◈ ◈  

 [ Author's Note ] 

I know Billy Hargrove is complicated and problematic with a lot of undertones that were never confirmed or denied in the show, but I can't help but love him. On top of that, I am not in any way condoning Billy's cruel and terrible actions and behaviour (because let's face it, he's an asshole) and he is very much a human villain. I am not changing his character nor turning him into a 'good guy'. I am simply exploring his flaws and perhaps why he has those flaws because his character was kept very vague (and I'm always intrigued with the flawed, slightly insane and damaged male characters). 

This story starts off as a Billy Hargrove fic before transitioning into an Eddie Muson one.

I don't own anything from Netflix's Stranger Things but do own Prue Owens and other supporting characters and plotlines, including the fictional introduction of Dr Sam Owens family (which may stray from the character's background in season 3 - just roll with it guys).