•five•

1st Person

I wandered around staring at the people around me in this new place called New York. All the architecture around me was huge, I felt like a scrambling ant who was trying to escape a swarm of angered stomping feet.

Tuesday mornings like these were ones filled with rushing people. I spotted a small café on the busy road opposite to me, there were neat tables outside which were all occupied.

Men, women, children and couples all basking outside in the golden sun with their meals placed on the table. I for one hated the sun, I could never take the scorching heat.

There were many various days in which most of my menacing missions would take place under the rapidly falling night. Usually when the sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the town was when my missions were set, night is when I'd make my moves.

I never once failed to become mesmerised by the canopy of luminous stars as they materialised amongst the ocean of blackness. Some nights they were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but other nights there was an adequate amount of shimmering light to illuminate the dark.

I mostly used the daytime for research and training indoors, rarely ever stepping out into the presence of the orange star. Mr. Afflon respected my case of sun strokes but that was one of the only things he ever respected about me.

I made my way across the bustling road as all the cars halted at once, obeying the crimson light. I managed to collect a couple of weird stares. Was it because of the way I dressed? Probably.

I wore a plain grey shirt that was topped with a coal coloured leather jacket while my lower body was concealed with black denim high waisted jeans. They were ripped in random places usually due to combat as I never really paid any attention to my jeans.

I felt normal having those jeans on as they looked as if it was planned to be ripped that way. I had all red sneakers, they camouflaged into my victims blood when when I strolled over their lifeless figure so why not?

I was more then sure the stares were because of how covered I was on these thirst quenching hours of daylight. Well it wasn't like I had the choice to take off my half zipped jacket.

I had very thin suspenders on my shirt that got thick when they reached my back crossing over to make an 'x' shape across my spinal cord, but my suspenders were special, the leather of the belt was made like a pocket for two swords.

The right side of my hand when reaching back would grasp onto a sabre sword while my left would grasp onto a katana. If that wasn't enough I also had a police belt, it was under my grey shirt because my jeans were high waisted and that's where the belt is taped around. The police belts' pockets were only at the back?, it clutched onto two combat pistols and a Japanese aikuchi knife, or for those of you who speak weapon English-- a small knife.

The front facing side of my police belt was loaded with ammo and along the side of my hips were various minor bombs.

I had a thick metal bracelet around my right wrist, this too was hidden to everyone around me, it always looked more like a very thick handcuff. I always wore it because it's the home to my hidden blade, it was six inches long but my 'bracelet' was only three.

How did I ever pass through metal detectors without any problems that occurred due setting off alarms? Simple, a micro chip that was implanted into the back of my neck, it was designed to repel the magnetic waves from anything on my body.

I consistently asked Mr Afflon how my hidden blade was programmed, curiosity  being one of my main flaws. He never answered any of my questions, usually stopping my lips by pinching them between his thumb and index finger.