•twenty eight•

When all the laughter had finally died down I helped myself up from Pietro's body. This time round we both cautiously made our way to Wanda and Bucky by interlocking hands, to help our balance.

When we finally reached the lift I had called for, my fingers eased themselves away from his grasp while Bucky accompanied the three of us, already waiting for the elevator to arrive.

"Where to next?" Wanda was curious.

"Nothing too much, Pietro you need to make a pit stop on levels fifteen and sixteen, Gunter will see your presence and open the room, letting you access to that level." I explained as we all got into the elevator. "They're all just designers and will be an easy kill, around ten to twenty each level." I paused to press into all the necessary buttons. "They won't put up any sort of fight so all you have to do is kill. Here's my gun to make the the process quicker." I carefully handed him my loaded combat pistol and a bunch of ammo as he took it into his grasp.

"Wanda and Bucky I need you up levels twenty to twenty three, same as Pietro... easy kills." I finished when the doors opened to level fifteen. "Meet me up at the office in level twenty six once you're done." I informed them all as Pietro started to leave the lift.

Blood submerged all over his back, I could only imagine the undesirable, sticky sensation it was leaving for him. Although I couldn't complain over his wet red hair, as it seemed to be a nice look for the boy.

Soon enough the lift reached level nineteen which was where there were were sixty agents who Bucky had collected up earlier from both levels. "Good luck." I wished for all my team mates hoping no major injuries would take place.

I knew Pietro wouldn't have any trouble in taking out a hoard of fashion designers but the task I had given to Bucky and Wanda is a dangerous one, as the people I assigned them to have access to specialised weapons. I picked the duo because Wanda seemed to be good at disarming threats while Bucky's aiming and attack is perfection itself.

As I got closer the room, the glass doors seemed to open up, as fast as lightning I armed myself with the handgun and swiftly entered the room. There were crying lives seated on the floor all around me.

Their arms shot up at my presence, pleading for their lives as I knew none of them were armed. There were two dead bodies on the floor already while every living, sobbing body nudged back into my view. "Thorpe, I need you up top, come on." My gun was pointed straight as I recognised one of the most skilled workers at level nineteen.

My eyes were locked onto his amber ones but he was still hesitant to get up from his seat. "I said I need you to come here." My tone got louder as I pointed my gun more vigorously at him. His legs shakily made their way towards me, tears running a marathon on his face. "Stand right next to me." I instructed his approaching body.

Right as he stood next to me I fired off two bullets to random people at the back. A whole crowd of screams painfully rang in my ears. "SHUT UP OR I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!" And with that silence rained upon the atmosphere like death itself.

Bodies rushing further back while the amount of tears had doubled. "Please let me go, I won't tell anyone, I have a family." A man at the back cried as my eyes were able to detect exactly who had spoken.

"Oh what a pity." I masked my face with an upside down smile as he was my next victim. Everyone around me were shaking, they were sure that today would be their last day on this planet.

Knowing this method would take too long I replaced my gun with dart knives, I counted the number to twenty. Eh, whatever at least its something. I almost quickly started throwing the knives aiming to impale throats.

Screams were swift to enter the atmosphere again, the people I sent my small knives flying to hit the ground on their backs like flies. I finished my usage of the knives left with thirty five more living bodies to end. I was quick to fully load my handgun again, knowing my supply of bullets were getting short.

"We're all going to die aren't we?" A courageous man stood to speak to me as our eyes met.

"Oh aren't you clever, some just sooner than others." Courageous but dumb, I never let him speak up again as the metal indented into his brain stole his last words. "Anyone else wanna speak up?" I offered as all I got in reply were silent stares and masked eyes.

I noticed how Agent Nate Thorpe flinched every single time my gun went off. My eyes meandered over to three of the closets people to my vision who hadn't contributed to give me an answer. How dare they, my trigger was pulled on three times mounting up the amount of dead bodies. 

"I asked you guys to speak, god damnit." I felt everyone shudder against my presence, thirty bodies remaining but only eleven bullets left to spend.

"You won't win, evil never wins." A lady spoke, intimidated my death.

"Ah! Finally someone to chat with." My eyes looked over to the man sitting next to her, his head hung low and sweat all over his clothing. I aimed my gun to him, his soul meeting with the other ex-workers. "Go on honey, I couldn't take looking over at his non-participating self."

Her frame was strong as she got up. "You won't get away-" Her voice was cut off with another guys who tried saving himself by voicing out his opinions.

"You're a psychop-" I cut him off and sent his body flying to the floor with another well earned bullet.

"And thats a warning for anyone who wants to interrupt." I looked all around me, people were mumbling to themselves while half of them never linked eye contact with me, I fired off four shots to the people who weren't staring back at me, all perfectly sat aligned in a row.

"All eyes on me." My voice boomed when I felt burning stares finally making contact with me. twenty four people and five bullets.

"Just kill me already." Another tender voice spoke.

"Your wish is my command." With that I only had four bullets left. The girl who was meant to be talking to me fell quiet. What a waste of energy, she hardly expected a bullet to hit her but the expression that was frozen onto face was pure delight to my eyes.

I'm sure this would take too much time with my swords so I had planned something else instead, I hesitantly grabbed onto the bomb which gives off the lowest damage. I grabbed onto Nate and yelled "GUNTER OPEN THE DOORS." I screeched.

Activating the bomb in a quick second, I barged out of the doors with Nate behind me, dropping the round object swiftly into the packed room. The doors were quick to close before anyone could find the time in escaping Nate and I were sprinting up the stairs to allow as minimum damage as possible to our bodies.

Right as we were about to reach level twenty my ears perked up to horrendous screams and a loud 'boom'.