Chapter 26: Regrets and Ever Afters

Hours before

Natsu POV🔥

When I opened my eyes all I could see was the pink and purple sky of dawn. I couldn't feel anything in my entire lower half and my upper half felt weak.

I let my head fall to the side so I could look at Lucy. She was on her back to with her eyes open. "Hey Luce?" I said to her. No response. "Lucy?" I spotted the dribble of blood running out of her nose and mouth. Her eyes were glazed over and staring at something farther away. But she slowly started to turn her head towards me.

"N-Natsu," She whispered. Her head faced back up to the sky where the stars were still shinning. "I can see our stars." Her hand reached out to me before it fell the ground.

And just like that she was gone. The brightest light in my world snuffed out. Forever.

I remember thinking to myself when Lucy went missing that my heart broke. Well this was much different. This time, my heart shattered. It shattered into millions of tiny pieces, like someone had smashed my porcelain body with a hammer. I think I screamed, but the pounding in my head was to great for me to hear.

I used the last ounce of my strength to drag my body to hers. My arms wrapped around her and I squeezed her into my chest. Mine, until the very end. I lifted my fingers and closed her eyes. She looked more peaceful this way, like she was sleeping.

My hand took hers and I brought it to my lips. It wasn't supposed to end like this. We were supposed to have a whirl wind friendship filled with with passion and love. We were supposed to have a huge wedding and invite all of our friends. We were supposed to have children and watch them grow up. We were supposed to grow old together and die in the same bed, with our children at our side. Not like this. The tears ran down my cheeks and off my chin.

"Natsu." I heard a warm and silky voice at my back. I turned around and saw a bright white light. All of my weakness and pain drained away.

"Lucy!" In the brightness she looked like an angel. No, she was an angel. Sent to take me away. She walked towards me with a smile and extended her hand. I took it and she lifted me to my feet.

"Let's have more adventures." She said with a sad smile. She was crying, same as me. I nodded.

We walked hand in hand into the light where she came. I threw a last look over my shoulder. Our bodies still intertwined and peaceful.

Suddenly a wave of regret passed over me. I would never thank Erza for being a teacher and friend to me. I could never tell Gray how much he actually meant to me, even though I fought with him and told him I hated him. Gramps and Gildarts would never know how much of a second father they were to me.

But even though I could never tell them this, they knew that Fairy Tail was my home. It always was and it always will be.

"See you later... Fairy Tail."

2 weeks later

Erza POV⚔️

I looked at myself in the mirror. The modest black dress and tight bun definitely did not suit me at all. "They will be missed and-," I started, then sighed. "I can't do this." I whispered putting my face in my hands as I sat on the edge of my bed dropping the index cards with my eulogy written on it.

"Erza?" I heard a timid but deep voice knock on the door.

Not bothering to ask who it was I got up and opened it. Standing in front of me was a tall and cloaked blue haired man. "Jellal."