Chapter 10: Soil and Water

I sat, perched on a tall tree high above ground, watching the two guards from farm station as they collected samples of the soil and water.

"Pikes detail is still at it, soil and water samples." Octavia said into her ear piece.

"Any idea what they're up to? Ari any ideas?" Kane asked.

"No, but considering they are heavily armed, I don't think they want anyone to find out." I explained, quietly.

I watched closely as a kid, a little younger then me appeared from the tree line. "Crap." I muttered.

"What?" Kane asked.

"There's a grounder kid near you O." I explained, hoping she'd understand what I was saying.

"I see him hold on."

"Hello there," Hannah yelled out to the little boy, "Don't be scared." Shawn, the other guard, slowly grabbed the gun that was tucked under his arm.

"Octavia, Ari, please respond." We both stayed silent, holding our breath. The kid began to run in the direction he came in, Hannah and Shawn running after him.

"Are you there?" Kane asked. I watched as Octavia jumped over the fallen tree she was hidden behind. I did my best to keep up with Octavia and the kid, but I lost them once O pulled the boy into hiding.

It was silent for a few minuets before Octavia spoke. "Kane?" She said into her ear piece.

"I'm here."

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"You need to find out what Pike is up to. Right now. Whatever it is, they were willing to kill a kid to keep it quiet."

-

Octavia and I waited inpaciently for Miller to bring a horse to a nearby cave we hid in, so Octavia can warn a nearby grounder village that Pike was going to attack. "Where is he?" She asked pacing around the darkened area.

"He'll be here." I said, jumping up when we heard the sound of a twig breaking.

Miller ran into the cave, looking over his shoulder. "Finally. Where's my house?" Octavia asked.

"Outside. Nice to see you too." He said with a sigh. O didn't waist any time before trying to run off.

"Octavia wait a second." Miller yelled after her. "Do you really think a bunch of grounder are really gonna give up their homes because you asked them too?"

"If it that or be wiped out, maybe." She snapped.

"Okay but what if they don't leave?" I asked. "Then we're leading our people into an ambush."

"Maybe if you just talk to you brother-" Miller began.

"My brother, is on the wrong side." She spat, cutting Miller off.

"So what, then we don't even try?" I asked.

"What do you think happens when Lexa finds out that Skaikru massacred another Grounder village?"

"War. More dead friends." Miller commented.

Octavia nodded her head slightly. "Stop the attack. Stop a war." She said looking from me to Miller before walking out of the cave leaving us alone.

-

"Hey Ar, where've you been? I haven't seen you in a while." Macallan asked running up to me.

"Oh, I've just been a bit busy." I explained with a smile.

"With what?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Just stuff." He nodded, walking slowly beside me.

"So I guess you don't know what's been going around camp then huh?" I looked at him confused and shook my head. "The chip thing Jaha is giving people, yeah apparently they make you lose some of your memory." I raised an eyebrow. "I know, it's insane." I nodded. "I actually almost took one." He said scratching the back of his neck and sticking his hands in his front pockets.

I stopped in place and gently grabbed his arm. "Why?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Everyone else is. I mean Raven said-"

"Wait Raven took one?" He nodded. "Why would Raven take something that could corrupt her memory?"

"I don't think she knew at the time." I looked at the ground sticking my hands in my guard jacket, thinking for a moment.

CALEBS POV

I sat alone quietly, looking up at the sky watching the stars when Aden walked over to me with his head hung low. "Hey man, what up?" I asked as he took a seat beside me.

"Lexa... She's gone."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"She was killed, shot. It happened earlier today."

I crinkled my brow in confustion. "Who shot her?"

Aden took a deep breath closing his eyes. "Titus." He looked down at the ground trying to hold back tears.

"Wait so that means-"

"Soon all the nightblood's are going to have to fight." He said, pale faced.

I was lost for words and wasn't sure what to say. I pulled him into a hug. "Don't worry. I'm sure its all gonna be okay."

AN
IM SO SORRY. I haven't had the motivation to write lately and I'm sorry. This chapter is horrible I know but chapter 11 will be posted sometime between tonight or tomorrow.