5:35 PM 1/10/17

Happiness

noun; the state of being happy

For years I have struggled with being happy; being truly and sincerely, happy. I would question whether I was depressed. I would conclude that happiness itself was just not woven into the fabric of my life. And I accepted that.

My acceptance towards unhappiness developed into an obsession. I was not meant to be happy, and if I ever experienced that emotion, I forced myself to believe that it wouldn't last long. Something was always going to sneak up on me and knock me down.

This mentality needs to change.

Unhappiness is the emotion that should be fleeting. It is inevitable, I will not deny that, but it is not, and should not be, consuming.

It is time to start being happy, because there is so much to be happy for.

Even on my darkest days, I can still observe the beauty that is around me, whether it presents itself in the form of nature, friendship, or family. And it's time I started being grateful for that.

If you find yourself broken down, tired, and unhappy, remember that there is so much more to life.

"Happiness can be found, in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Albus Dumbledore knew this, so it's time you and I do too.

Coming back to Wattpad and starting to write again, I was welcomed with so much love and support that made me realize how incredible this community was, and is. I had abandoned it for well over a year, and yet I was embraced with genuine love.

It made me feel a happiness that I had not felt in a long time.

So I ask myself, and I ask whoever may read this, find what makes you happy, wrap your arms around it, and never let it go. Because at the end of the day, you deserve to be happy. You deserve to feel loved. And you deserve to know, understand, and feel, that there is more to life than the obstacles you face and the challenges that will burden you.

There is more to life.