Chapter 3

Sam's POV
Saturday December 31, 2016

After running to start off the day, staff sergeant gave us a break to call people from home.

I didn't really have anyone to call.

Oh wait...

Katelyn called me yesterday. I could probably call back.

But we have no affiliation with each other anymore... Unfortunately. I miss her terribly.

If only she understood how sorry I was.

Maybe I could solve our differences calling her.

I grabbed my phone and dialed her number in.

I pressed call and waited as it rang. My heart was beating out of my chest.

Calm down Samantha... Your just talking to Kate. What's the worst that could happen?

She answered.

"...Hello?" She said.

"Uh hey there, you called..."

"Yeah.... Why didn't you tell me you left?"

"Um because we ain't friends anymore. Remember that? You said you hated me.." I said, full of hurt in my voice.

"Sigh, Samantha still. I-I should have a right to know when you leave at least. Shouldn't I?"

"I dunno. What do you think? After what you said 'bout me, do you really think I was gunna call you? I assumed you didn't want me to bother which is why I didn't..."

Katelyn stayed silent.

"Look Katelyn, I only called 'cause you called me. I wanna know why you called me."

"I-I just wanted to know if everything was alright Sam. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah Kate, everythin' is fine. A-and yourself?"

"Crappy Samantha.... I-I just want you to come home safely."

"Wow, you care? Since when." I said.

"Sam, cmon."

"...."

"So uh, when are you planning on coming back home?"

"Another few months. Uh I dunno, it kinda depends."

"Oh..."

"Katelyn can I ask a question?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you mean whatcha said to me..?"

It was silent for a few minutes.

"I-I don't know anymore Sam."

"Listen I gotta go. The sergeant is gunna kick my ass. I'll uh... talk another time?"

"Oh uhm... uh yeah I guess so." She said sadly.

"It was nice hearin' from you again."

"Yeah, you too."

I hung up the phone and held my head in my hands. I miss Chandler, I miss his face, everything. I want Katelyn back.

There are so many things I want, but so many things I can't have. Why does this happen to me, all the damn time. I just wanna go home with my boy. But that won't happen.

Hey there! It's been a while but schools out so I MIGHT be able to update more. I'm having a bit of writers block, any ideas in mind?