Chapter 2

When I wake up the first person I see is "Melody?" I must have said my last thought out loud.

"What happened?" I asked her worriedly.

"You blacked out after you found out you were getting a.."

"Pool!" I cut her off, and my breathe starts shaking. Why the hell was I getting a pool? Is she trying to kill me or something?

After what happened with my father, I am not going anywhere near it.

As soon as I stand up, my legs feel weak, which makes it hard to walk. I manage to go downstairs to the kitchen and fetch a cup of water.

Then I realize the ball is tomorrow night, and stop in my tracks. Then I remember the mystery guy. I wonder who could it be?

"Lorena?" As soon as I hear my name it stops me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I questioned Melody.

"What are you going to wear to the ball tomorrow night?" As soon as she asks me that my eyes widen. What WAS I going to wear to the ball? I don't even have an outfit.

"I don't know actually"

As soon as I say that her jaw drops.

"That only means one thing.... SHOPPING!!!"

I love shopping. It's stops me worrying about things and it's a heap of fun with Melody. We would talk and buy and buy and talk, next minute we have spent a fortune on tops, skirts, dressed ect.

As soon as I told my so called 'mum' I was going shopping, I change out of my annoying uniform and into some black skinny jeans and a top with a Union Jack on it.

I run a brush through my dark hair, and look in the mirror. My sad dull eyes stare back at me. Pathetic.

"Here." Meldoy says, passing me my converse. "Don't worry. You look nice. Now lets check that message from Valley_Prince!"

We jump on the laptop, and I frantically go into my inbox.

Dear Cinderella,

As you wish then.

I am 16 years old, play guitar and go to your school. I'm a little bit of a rebel, and I can tell I like you already.

Now tell me about yourself.

And I would love to meet you at the ball tomorrow.

Yours truly,

Prince Charming.

Me and Melody giggle and I type a hasty reply before we head out.

Dear Prince Charming,

Well then. I'm 15, a bit of a nerd, am a loser, and I'm sure you don't want to wate your time around me.

I would love to meet you there. Maybe at 10, ill meet you somewhere. Ill know its you if you call me either Cinerella or Valley Princess.

I'm not quite sure if I like you yet.

Yours truly,

Cinderella.

I send the message, grab my bag and we jump into her tiny vw.

"I wish you could turn 16 already Lorrie!" Melody whines.

"I know I know. It sucks."

"Anyway I am DYING to meet this 'Valley Prince' or whatever he calls himself. Do you reckon he's hot?"

"Melody! I don't know! An he's my guy anyway! You better not stuff it up tomorrow."

She holds her hands up in surrender. "I won't!"