8

"Your lipstick's smudged," Rosy whispers.

I lift a finger to my lips. "I'm not wearing any lipst- oh," I say, as my finger comes back bright red. I wipe it all off, and pay attention to Izzy being crowned.

After prayers and other rituals I find rather odd, someone finally places the crown on her black hair, which has been curled. She's officially Queen. She then stands alone as her crowner walks away.

She clears her throat, and starts. "Ladies and gentlemen. As your... Queen, I know that I'm expected to marry, then produce an heir. It is my duty, and I will not let you down. I've spent a lot of time, choosing the perfect partner, and I've decided on..." she pauses, and I feel sad. I know my name won't be the one she says, but I so desperately want it to be. "Clementine Lewis."

The entire crowd gasps, and I wonder if I've heard right. "Clementine, come on up!" Izzy says, waving me over. My legs move without me thinking about it. I run. I run the fastest I've ever run in my life.

I only stop when I'm in Izzy's arms.

Author's Note

Awwwwwww😄😄😄😄 Hello my readers! Did you like it? Personally, I think it's pretty good. So... that's the end, and I feel like it's a good place to stop. Well, I hope you liked it, and have a great day! Bye!

Update: This book currently has over 400 reads! Thanks to everyone who's read it!

Update #2: This book is five reads away from 666

Update#3: Over 700. That's crazy! Thank you so much!

Final Update: So I have 1K reads now, which is absolutely insane! I cannot say thank you enough, this is so cool!