1 ✧ A R R I V A L

"We're here, Miss Andrews."
"Thank you, Sebastian."

The bottom of my thighs had stuck to the black leather seats, after previously sitting for around three and half hours. As I parted my leg with the leather, I flattened down my skirt at the back and climbed out. My converse crunched against the gravel driveway as I stepped down onto it. Sebastian took my arm in his and guided me to the back of the limo, quickly shutting the door as we went. He got out my bags and belongings, setting them on a wheeled cart. I had no idea where he got that from, but I didn't dare to ask.

Sebastian had always been the fun type, especially when my mum wasn't around. He had humour, which was a bonus when it comes to having a butler that serves you almost all the time... He knew how to crack a joke once in awhile and it always seemed to make me smile each time. Life wasn't so miserable with him around, but that'd change now that I had to attend 'Opal  Boarding School'. Mum thought it would be a good idea to "get out" and socialise with others and even make some friends. "Get a proper education", she says. Of course I didn't bother to protest, just simply nod in agreement. I didn't want to get on her bad side.
Even if I had gone along with my mum's plans, I certainly didn't want to go. I enjoyed life where I was, in one of the largest penthouses in our city. Although I hated to brag, it really was the best place ever. There was a pool, that had plenty of blown up pool toys to mess around with. It had five bedrooms, three of which had an ensuite. A cinema room, an entertainment room, a big kitchen and a really big bathroom that had a bath that could at least be the size of a spa. And it was the only place I needed to be, not at some hellhole that is 3 hours away from home.

Due to my miserable act, I think Sebastian understood what I'd been wanting to say for so long.
"It will be okay." Was all he said, as he pulled me into a hug. I instinctively rested my head on his chest and sighed. "It's going to suck, Sebastian." I flickered my eyes around, his chest rising and falling over and over. He mumbled a chuckle, breaking us apart by a few inches. His brown eyes looked down at my own as he said, "I'll be here when your ready to come home." I only replied with a smile, and then we went in to find the office.
Sebastian pushed open the big glass doors and lead me inside. It smelt clean, yet odourless. I looked around, taking in the surroundings. Sebastian told me to wait by the lounge, while he went and talked with the receptionist. I did as I was told and stood with my hands held in front of me. It was painted white, with marble looking tiles. There was a pile of papers that sat in the corner of the front desk and they looked like they hadn't been touched in awhile. Hand sanitiser, staplers and pens lay around the place, all neat and tidy.
I sat down on the couch and waited for Sebastian, when suddenly a gust of wind swept past me as the big glass doors were pushed open. A boy with dark brown and curly hair walked in, with his palm pressed against his cheek bone. We shared glances for a split second, which was interrupted by a voice.
"Juniper, are you ready to go find your dorm room?" Sebastian repeated himself, helping me up off of the lounge. I cleared my throat, nodding slowly. "Yes, I'm ready." I replied quietly, peering over my shoulder at the boy who had now had an ice pack on his face. Sebastian put his arm around my shoulders and walked me out. He picked up my things and we began to walk down the halls.
"Now, be careful and stay away from boys like those." He warned, only receiving a slight frown from me. Before I could say anything he interrupted me. "Boys like those will get you into trouble." "What do you mean?" I asked, looking up at him. Even though he didn't look at me, I kept a close eye on his expression. "There's nothing to it, except that they are bad influences. Getting into physical fights and more... You don't want to get hurt, now do you?"
I kept quiet for the rest of the walk and thought about what he'd told me. That boy didn't look too bad, but I suppose I'd make friends that didn't revolve around him or others like him.

It turns out that my mum is paying the principal personally, to allow me to have my own dorm all to myself. How thoughtful, even though I thought she actually wanted me to make friends? I don't want to be known as the rich, stuck up girl who gets what she wants. I want people to actually like me, and want to hang out with me.
Sebastian had left not too long ago, now leaving me to deal with my own boredom. I unpacked so I could save the trouble of doing it later, then I sunk into the oddly comfortable bed. Today had been a long day and tomorrow was probably going to be the same. I only thought so due to the fact I had absolutely no one to spend my time with now. Although, there were at least two more weeks until school officially started so I assumed that, that would give me enough time to meet someone.

It had reached around dusk, and I had been in my room since I had got here. Most of the time I was watching Netflix or YouTube, mostly because I don't get to do that often back at home... Commotion was stirring outside and my curious self decided to check it out. It was right outside my dorm too, so I had to look. I peeked my head out from behind my door and watched as guy hit another guy. I squinted my eyes carefully, trying to examine their faces. Dark brown curly hair, ear piercings... My eyes had seemed to widened as it came to my realisation that it was the boy from earlier. He pleaded for him to stop but he just scowled down at him. I wasn't the one to step into these things, because I was a little shy in these situations. But no one was around, so I had no other choice but to put a stop to this.
"Why don't you go sod off and push around your other friends... Go show them your weak ass moves." I growled slightly. His glance fell back and forth, before he walked off, fury washed over him. My white-blonde hair whipped against my neck, the breeze being quite strong. The boy turned his head to face me as I held my skirt down. I smiled, stepping back inside my dorm.
I really hope I didn't just make an enemy.
•*•*•

[ U N  E D I T E D ]

Word count: 1223