2 ✧ M E E T I N G T H E G I R L S

It was around eight thirty by the time I had actually gone to the effort to get out of bed.

My windows were open and the sun shone in, making all the dust particles clearer to see as they floated around in the air. It was kind of pretty if you thought about it long enough.
Some people were awake, and had been for awhile now. I thought now would be a good time to go talk with some people, so that's just what I did.
I went into the ensuite and changed out of my pyjamas. I threw down my spaghetti strapped singlet onto the floor and slipped out of my shorts. Then I quickly put on my white laced bra and dug around for a shirt. I pulled out a long sleeved midriff, which was white and had lace at the back. "This'll do." I muttered to myself aloud, quickly pulling it over my head. I found one of my flowy black skirts that sat a few inches above my knees, and put that on. I undid my hair and brushed it out, so it wouldn't look like a rats nest all day.
Once I had down all this, I tied the laces on my white converse and left my room, locking it behind me. The halls weren't full, but they weren't empty either. A small amount of people were talking with each other and laughing away also. I took a deep breath and ignored the fact that, that could of been me. I spun around the corner, just somehow managing to dodge a group of girls.
"Jesus.." I mumbled, gaining balance and sharing a glance with the girl in front. She looked very pissed off and that wasn't a good sign. "Watch where your going new -" "It's Juniper, and I suggest you don't start a fight with me." Cutting her off, I scowled at her and my glare was strong and unbreakable at this point. I watched her mouth twitch, as if she was trying to think of something to say. I gave her a quick look as if to say, "Well?"
A simple huff was all I got, as she and her friends strutted away.
"That was impressive."
"Thanks."
I looked up at a girl with dark brown hair and brown eyes approach me. She smiled, holding her hand out in between us.
"Paloma. Paloma Cross."
"Juniper Andrews."
We shook hands as a kind greeting, then she trailed along with me down and around the school. "What brings you here, Juniper?" I looked at her for a second, sighing. "My mum reckons that sending me here will give me a chance to make friends or whatever." I told her, fiddling with the hem of my skirt. She only laughed, placing her hand on my shoulder. "You make it sound like that's a bad thing."
"Kind of. Life and classes back at home were all I needed." I nibbled on the inside of my cheek, realising how much I actually started to miss it at the penthouse. She nodded, quickly jumping in front of me and began to walk backwards. "Well it won't be so bad if you've got me around!" She exclaimed, smiling cheerfully.

"So what about those girls.. who are they?" I asked, sitting down at the closest wooden bench. Paloma tied her hair back in a messy bun and sat down beside me. "Just a bunch of bitches, really." Clearly. From what I had encountered, they didn't seem like the nicest around here. I figured there'd be a group of girls who acted like that, so I wasn't surprised at the least. "Figured as much. Are all girls here like that?" "No, not all. Thank god, otherwise this school would be a sorority of mean girls." I laughed, nodding in utter agreement. I like Paloma. She's nice and we get along surprisingly well. Off to a good start, I'd say. We talked for a little while and just relaxed for the rest of the morning. Paloma had told me how she has to room with one of the bitchy girls and she hates it. I couldn't help but laugh, but then I told her that if it got that bad she could come sleep in my dorm with me. She was also super jealous about me having my own room, so I told her about my mum...

Paloma had gone back to her dorm to get some sleep before her roommate came back, and I decided to keep exploring the school. I think I got hit in the head twice with the same football which was very lucky of me. It was quiet today, which didn't phase me at all. I kinda liked it.
Finishing my last mouthful of my coke, I got up and left the cafeteria. It was around three in the afternoon and most people were now awake and up and running. I crushed my can in my hand and dropped it in the bin. My plan was to go back to my dorm room and watch Netflix for the rest of the afternoon, which in my point of view seemed like a really good idea.
Except making my way back was a lot harder than I had originally hoped. This school was so big that I had no gotten myself lost. For hours, it felt like I had been walking in circles.
"Lost?"
"Yeah."
I turned on my heels to see some guy who was slightly taller than me, standing just centimetres away from me. I swallowed the nothing in my mouth and stepped back. Up close I realised how good looking he actually was. Shaggy, ash brown hair... Brown eyes. I forced myself back into reality and put on a smile. "Yeah, just a little." He scoffed, returning the smile. "What's your dorm number?" "203"
He widened his eyes and nodded slightly. He took ahold of my hand and dragged me through the halls. Being dragged wasn't what I had expected, but we ended up at my dorm in the end. "Here we go. Right next to me." He said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door. "Thanks.." I whispered almost and he whispered back. "It's Ryan." Was all he replied with as he went next door and went inside. I immediately heard laughing after his door shut and I closed my own and locked it.
I had a long date with a good friend called Netflix...
•*•*•

[U N  E D I T E D ]

Word count: 1094 words