Chapter 1

On a cold stormy night a loud small cry filled up the air, the sound small and fragile but also very loud and very audible. it drew the attention of the castle guards taking over the night shift patrolling the castle gates and not just them but also the castles occupants. Confused and curious the guards looked through the gate checking if there was anything out there that could be crying or causing such noise but they couldn't see anything, so one of them tried to open the gate to find out.

"I wonder what that is." one of the guards said peeping has best has he could outside the gate trying to ignore the heavy rain.

"I don't know," the other said "do you see anything?" he questioned also trying to see despite the dark and the rain.

Pulling back the first guard turned to the other one "am going out to find out."

He said and the other one nodded handing him the keys but just has he was about to open the gate they heard a noise behind them and turned. The castle doors opened and little by little a few maids and menservants walked out in the direction of the guards each in their nightwear holding umbrellas.

"Desmond, Thomas, what's going on here?, What is that crying?" the head-maid of the castle miss putts asks in confusion.

"we don't know miss putts, we haven't checked it out yet-" Desmond said facing miss putts.

"-but we were just about to miss putts." Thomas said also.

"well go check it out, quickly now boys." she said and they nodded about to open the gate again but stopped hearing a loud authoritative voice behind them.

"what's going on here?" turning they saw the a blonde woman holding an umbrella watching them in confusion, dressed in a blue robe with a phoenix embroided with a gold and white tread at the left breast of her robe. She was a little tall, about 5'6 and even though she was old around her early 40's she didn't look a day past 30.

Quickly they took their bows "your majesty." they said their voice ringing out.

"you may rise." she said and they did so but making sure to bow their head making her roll her eyes.

A servant must not make eye contact with the royals, its a forbidden rule that was institutionalized a long time ago though this current queen is extremely irritated by the custom. They heard the loud cry once more ringing out in the night again.

"what in heavens name is that?" she asked baffled.

"we don't know your majesty but Desmond and Thomas were about to find out." miss putts said coming forward facing the queen but making sure to keep her head bowed.

"well go on, quickly open the gate and let's find out." her majesty commanded and they quickly obeyed opening the huge gate.

They all shuffled outside not minding the rain and when they saw the cause of the noise they all gasped in shock. There just in front of the gates at the right corner lay a white torn basket and inside was a bundled crying baby, the baby was wet due to the rain and had red irritating skin that looked very much like rashes across her face. The queen went forward and picked the baby up with miss putts trailing behind her holding up her umbrella to protect her from the rain. Has soon has she held the baby, the baby relaxed a little in her arms though still crying only it was softer now.

"quick call for the royal doctor." the queen commanded has they all rushed into the castle. Desmond quickly used the castles line to ring the doctor.

"Thomas!" the queen called urgently.

"yes your majesty." he answered appearing quickly before her.

"you and the menservants should take one of the royal choppers and fly over to the doctors residence. I fear the road might be very inconvenient in this rain, besides we have to have this baby treated immediately. Who knows how long she's been in the rain, so please hurry."