chapter 7

author note: I hope y'all are enjoying this novel still, please stay tuned in for more "discovering princess Amelia" updates.

muahhhh :). the picture on top is a Russian castle I think but I borrowed it for this story.

didn't really feel like using the princess diaries castle since its already been used.

We had rested in my room just talking for a while when the maids arrived calling us downstairs because everyone had arrived and it was time to leave for the parade. Hand in hand we walked downstairs going to the living room and everyone turned to stare at us with a smile has we came in.

"my little girl is growing up." miss putts whispered smiling lovingly at me and I beamed at her.

"there's my baby." mum said and I rushed into her arms while Kate went to her parents.

"mum you look absolutely beautiful." I said beaming.

"even in my old age." she asked teasingly.

"even in your old age". she chuckled kissing my cheek.

"you look absolute gorgeous princess." Kate's mum smiled complimenting me and I blushed a little.

"thank you Mrs. Agathe so do you. you also look positively handsome too Mr. Agathe." I smiled innocently.

"oh you are so well mannered has always, am thankful you are best friends with Kate, she could use some manners of her own." her mum said making me snicker has Kate gaped at her mum.

"oh I will try my utmost best to be a very good influence on Kate Mrs. Agathe." everyone chuckled while Kate gaped in astonishment at me before narrowing her eyes telling me to expect payback.

"please do princess," she then turned to mum and miss putts "oh miss putts I loved the port-roast you made the other day for dinner, can you tell me your recipe?" she asked.

"oh my dear you have to ask the queen since its her recipe and her cooking."

Surprised she turned to the queen "really!"

My mum nodded pleased someone loved her food "come I will show you my recipe Beatrice, my nanna had given her recipes to me before I got married." Enthusiastically she followed after mum and nanny all the while dragging her reluctant husband along making Kate and I chuckle.

"poor dad." she said sympathetically has we watched after them until we turned when we heard footsteps.

My aunt and uncle walked in hand in hand and I grimaced while Kate patted my back "and to think she's going to be your mother-in-law." she whispered making me send her a scathing glare but she just ignored me chuckling.

"hi uncle Richard." I said pleasantly when they got closer and he smiled kindly at me before I turned to the witch.

Then grimace "aunt Sofia." she pursed her lips in a thin line glaring at me and I glared right back before she removed her eyes.

"where's your mother." she asked not looking directly at me and I pointed to the kitchen.

Sending me one last glare she dragged uncle Richard and left for the kitchen "gosh I don't like her at all." I said irritated before dragging Kate along to sit in one of the couches in the living room.

"hey! On the bright side the feeling is mutual." she said cheerily.

"is that supposed to make me feel better." I gritted out.

"kind of." she whispered dejected.

Feeling guilty "its fine sorry for the attitude and thanks for trying." I said and she mock glared at me before smiling also.

"Amelia." a voice called unsure and we turned to see a boy that looked our age standing there clearly nervous with the way he was rocking back and forth on his heels. He was dressed in a blue dress shirt with a tailored black jacket and trousers. He had short black hair, fair skin, green eyes and thin lips.

Wide eyed I muttered "Ryan right?"

He beamed at me looking pleased "yeah its Ryan."

"he is more than cute." Kate whispered beside me while I tried to smile friendlily gently nudging Kate to shut it.

Another boy our age came in and stood besides Ryan, all his attention was focused on the ps3 in his hands not paying us any attention. He was about Ryan's age though and a few inches shorter than him, he had tan skin, brown eyes, chubby cheeks, brown hair and small lips. Unlike Ryan who looked handsome, he looked cute in that boyish way though and I find myself totally unable to stop staring at him.

"you find her yet Ryan?" he asked finally looking up to Ryan still not noticing our presence.

Ryan looked at him before rolling is eyes "yeah I have," turning towards us "that's Amelia." he said then blushed when he caught my eyes.

"I so don't like where this is going." I thought nervously as he continued to smile at me.

"wow he really likes you." Kate mumbled.

"quite, he's just nervous that's all." I hissed quietly at her.

"keep telling yourself that." she said dryly and i turned glaring at her until a voice made us turn.

"hey! am Gavin, Ryan's bestfriend." he introduced waving his hands.

Then narrowed his eyes "you're prettier than I expected." he said before beaming at me like he said the most natural thing in the world. I was a little shocked but still pleased with the compliment and inclined my head in appreciation.

"am Kate, Amelia's bestfriend." Kate stood up from the couch dragging me along with her has she walked towards them.

"I know Ryan is joining us on the carriage for the parade, but are you also joining us." she asked Gavin.

"Yes, Ryan here is too nervous because of his crush on the princess, he asked me to stay with him so he doesn't do something stupid." he said and we stared at him with wide eyes.

"Gavin shut up." Ryan hissed his face completely red.

"what did I- oh!....... Damn sorry Ryan." he said edging a little from his glare.

"ii-its fine." i stuttered before the room fell into awkward silence.

"Let's just start over alright." I suggested and the rest nodded relieved.

"hi am Amelia and this is my bestfriend kateline, but you can call her Kate."

"hi! Am Gavin and this is Ryan, he's had a crush on you for a long time even when he's never seen your face but don't worry I will make sure to keep him at a safe distance." he nodded grinning mischievously and we laughed while Ryan fixed a hard glare at him which he ignored.