Chapter 7

Natsu POV

“So no Erigor and Lullaby.” Gray said as we walked around the Oshibana Town’s train station.

I sniffed the air. “Nothing suspicious.”

“If Deliora never attacked my village and Lullaby never was found by the Eisenwald guild. Then do they actually exist in this timeline?” Gray asks.

“What do Deliora and Lullaby have in common?” Juvia asked.

“Well they both are demons.” I say.

“Maybe demons don't exist in this timeline.” Gray says.

“How would we know for sure?” Natsu asked.

“We go somewhere we know to have been inhabited by demons in our world.” Gray says. “We go to Galuna Island.”

“Galuna Island?” Lyon asks.

“Now why does that sound familiar?” I ask. “Oh yeah, that's where we fought eyebrows, dog-guy, and that old man who wore women's perfume and then later pretended to be a girl on Tenrou!”

“That was not a guy! That was Ultear in disguise!” Gray yelled.

☯☯☯

Lucy POV

My old servants crowded around me. I remembered when they did this the first time I faced my father after running away. But this time I had to face my mother too.

“Grammi's here. Make way!” One of the servants said. The crowd parted and another servant, Grammi, made her way over to me.

“Miss Layla was very worried about you.” Grammi said. “Brandish was too. I'm glad you're back. Come with me I'll take you to your parents.”

I followed her. I vaguely remembered Grammi. She was the woman who possessed Aquarius's key for a time before passing it on to me in the original timeline. I don't remember who Brandish was though. We turned the corner and I felt bile rise in my mouth as I saw Zoldeo. The memories of finding out that he had possessed Capricorn and controlled him made me angry.

Grammi leads me into my father's study where I spot him and my mother conversing. They stop once I come in and my mother runs to pull me into a hug.

“I'm so glad you were able to escape from your captors.” My mother says.

“I was never kidnapped.” I say.

“What?” She asks.

“I ran away.”

“We're you not happy here? Did we mistreat you?” she asks.

“No mother-”

“THEN WHY?” My father yells before collapsing into his chair.

“I had to find out what happened to Fairy Tail, to my friends, my family.”

“But we're your family!” My father said.

“Fairy Tail doesn't exist.” my mother says.

“But it did in some other timeline! I was there. This is all different!” I yell.

“Are you telling the truth?” My mother asks.

“Yes! I would never lie to you.” I say.

“But before you...ran away, you said I was supposed to be dead.” she says.

“Your were. It was the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

“Then why go back if it caused you so much pain?” My father asked.

“Because... without the worst parts of my life... I would never have the best.”

“These friends... this Fairy Tail...is it really that important to you?” My mother asks.

“Yes. I would do anything for Fairy Tail.”

“Then here.” She pulls her gold keys off of her keychain. “Take these. They will keep you safe.”

“Oh mama, I can't.”

She puts them in my hand and closes my fingers over them.

I blink away my tears and smile hesitantly as I say my goodbyes.

☯☯☯

Gray POV

“Can we get a boat ride to Galuna Island?” Lyon asked the fisherman pulling his boat to the dock. “We'll pay of course.”

“The man looked at them confused. “Are you sure you want to go there? They say demons live on that island.”

“We're aware of that.” I tell him. “We are hoping those rumors are true.”

“We are?” Lyon asked.

The fisherman looked down at his boat. “Well I didn't catch any fish this time. But I still need to provide for my family somehow...I accept your request.”

He motions for us to climb aboard the boat. He pushes us off to sea before jumping in himself. We take turns using the oars to paddle us to the island. Juvia used her magic to create waves that pushed us and sped up our pace. Natsu complained the entire way there because of his motion sickness.

“I have to stop here.” The fisherman said. “If I go any further I won't be able to get back to sea.”

“This is fine.” I told him. “We will be back. Just give us two hours. If we are not back by then you can leave.”

We jump out into the sea. Well Natsu had to be pushed off the boat. It was shallow enough for us to stand. We waded our way to the shore.

☯☯☯

Erza POV

On our way to Sabertooth we passed a farm. My stomach rumbled and  we made our way to the small house. I knocked on the door.

The door was opened and I gasped. Wally Buchanan and his brother Richard stood behind the door.

“Can we help you?”

My stomach rumbled in reply.

They smiled and Wally pulled the door open more.

“Come in we have some food. This year is pretty successful.” Wally called out.

I enter their home and accept their food. I keep silent not knowing what to say to them. Luckily Yukino kept up an upbeat conversation.

After the meal we eagerly thank the brothers and head on our way.

We head on and soon reach the guild.

“Wow! It's bigger than I imagined.” Yukino says.

“Come on.” Sorano urges. “Let's go in.”

Yukino looks back. “Are you coming Erza?”

“No.” I say. “I'm headed somewhere else. I just needed to know where I was before continuing onwards. I can find my way from here.”

“Okay. Take care.” Yukino says.

I nodd before continuing my journey to find the other founders of Fairy Tail.

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.