Chapter 5

Neal

I walked back inside thinking about what I was gonna tell Emma. I wasn't ready to tell the truth, not yet anyway.

"Who the.."

"He is someone I used to know. He just stopped by to see how I was doing."

"What was up with the costume?"

"Uh.... he likes to uh .. he works at kid parties."

"That's a way to make a living."

We both chuckled.

Henry just stared at me with a blank hard expression. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling, but I knew something was up.

"Look guys, I was thinking maybe we should take a vacation."

"It's August, Neal."

"Then maybe we should move."

Henry's expression turned to delight. I knew he was struggling to find friends here in Tallahassee. He's kind of a loner like me and his mom.

Emma looked at me without blinking for several seconds, then slowly turned her head down in disbelief of what I had just said.

"Move?!"

"Ya."

"How long have you been thinking about this?"

"I guess for a while."

"Where are we going to move to?"

"I was thinking Maine."

She laughed, but stared at me in shock.

"I'm serious," I uttered.

"Fine." She shook her back and forth.

"What?"

"If you think it's best, then why not."

"Great. Let's start packing."

I knew Emma would want to know more when me and her were alone.

I walked to Henry's room wanting to explain his job on the car ride.

"Hey kid."

"Hey Dad."

"So what did you think of Hook."

"He seemed different than the Disney version."

We both giggled at the thought of Captain Hook wearing the big hat and his weird facial appearance.

"Henry, I need you to do something for me."

"Anything. What do you need?"

Something I had always admired about my son was his positive and respectful attitude towards his authority. I was proud of him, but not just for that.

"So what is it?"

I was deep in thought when Henry interrupted my thoughts.

I slowly closed the door making sure Emma wouldn't be able to hear us.

"Your mom is supposed to save a town called Storybrooke as you already know. Hook explained to me that you would be the only one who would know the way."

"Why me?"

"Because you believe."

He smiled and nodded. I went out of his room and grabbed a map in the drawer of the kitchen. I went back into Henry's room and laid the map on the floor. I handed him a pen off of his dresser and told him to mark a place called Storybrooke. He easily found Storybrooke and marked it.

"How did you find it?"

"The spot is glowing."

I looked closer and still couldn't see it.

"Thanks."

I walked out of his room to give him space to do whatever he wanted.

"Hey Em?"

"Yeah," she called from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen to see her drinking some wine.

"How come you came back early?"

"Well, I got done earlier than expected."

"Ah. Why didn't you call me? I could've picked you up."

"I wanted to surprise you and Henry. And my car was still at the airport."

I nodded understanding what she meant. I felt my stomach grumble loudly, and we both began to laugh at my stomach.

"Let's order Chinese food tonight."

"Okay."

We sat, ate, and watched TV with Henry for the rest of the night waiting till morning when would be moving.