dances

I stood in the corner on the big auditorium full of people. It was my winter formal and I was officially ditched. I went with my friends Theo and Macey but because they were a couple they decided to go dance on the dance floor. I glowered at the group of sweaty high schoolers in the circle. It was times like this I wish their parents could see them.
"Come on Rose, it will be fun." I said in a mocking voice as I poured myself another cup of water downed lemonade.
I never understood these dances. They weren't that fun, you can bearly hear anyone over the sound of the music, and everyone was just tired by they end of the night. I stood there, laughing internally at my friends who dragged me here. I looked down at my outfit. It was a simple summer dress with flowers on the top. I looked at Macey, she wore a short, white, one sleeved dress that barely covered her butt.
Discussed, I pulled out my phone from my purse and text my best friend lily, telling her how I wished she was here and not in California with her family. I put my phone back and then I felt a tap on my shoulder.
I flinched and turned on a dime, my hair flying in my face. As i brushed it away I could see a tall brown haired, brown eyed guy standing in front of me. He was on the shorter side but still taller than me. He had a strong jaw and pure white teeth that I could see through his smirk. He was wearing a simple black tux and had his hands shoved in his pockets.
I instantly recognized him. "Kyle! You came, I'm surprised." I said with a smile. Kyle was my friend from freshman year. We met outside of school but he soon transfered there. We have been close ever since.
"Hey Ro, how has your night been so far?" He asked. "Terrible, the two love birds ditched me." I said pointing their way. He chuckled. "Well if you call that love, then okay." He stated with a chuckle, clearly talking about their...provocative dance moves.
I laughed lightly. I loved my talks with Kyle, he always had a way of making me laugh.
I looked back at him to find him staring at me with a grin on his face. Red rushed to my face, "what?" I said defensively.
"Do you want to dance?" He asked still smiling. The red on my cheeks got even darker.
"Um, yeah, sure I guess." I managed to stutter.
With that he grabbed my hand and lead me to the dance floor. When the song changed to bohemian raspy by Queen I smiled wildly, this was my favorite song. Kyle took my hand and twirled me around, just messing around. But at the song got more intense, so did our dancing. And before we knew it we were full out swing dancing.
We twirled and laughed until we were the center of a big circle that had formed without me noticing. On the last beat of the song kyle dipped me and we both stood there breathing heavily. "Well that was fun" He said with a wild grin and pulled me into a hug and we walked out of the circle together to go outside and get some fresh air.