One

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I sat slumped against the table, my face smudged against my fist as my elbow rest against the tables hard edgy wood. I looked around and sighed. It's boring here. Nothing to do. I scoffed getting up from my uncomfortable place to go outside with the rest of the kids. I grabbed a wooden bored and starred at it. I raised my eyebrow looking around to see Mrs. April starring at me. When she noticed I was looking she turned away. A smirk was brought to my face. I ran inside with the wood and went to grab a baby toy no one used. It was a toy telephone with wheels that could be dragged around. When I was younger I threw it around instead of dragged it with me. I went around and found the main room that I knew no one was aloud in. I got into the room and found what i was looking for, screws and a screw driver. How dandy! I sped to my room like the little speedy thing I am and tore the toy apart. I took the wheels, which were pretty good for a toy, and got the screws, screwing them into the wooden board. I set my creation down and put my foot on it. I wobbled from the wheels moving beneath me. I pushed my foot and found my self rolling around my room. I laughed at my mad skills as I tried a small trick of stopping myself. It worked. I love this!! I hid my new hand made skate board beneath my bed and made sure to cover it up to where I knew no one would find it. I ran back outside. I went to mrs. April and whinnied. "Mrs, April! Im hungry. I looked at my small watch I took from Jimmy, her husband. No one ever noticed. I find that funny. "It's almost one!"

She sighed knowing I was right. She blew her whistle for all the other kids to go ahead and head inside for lunch. I smirked to myself as we all headed inside to eat beans and hot dogs. Woof.

___________________________

A few days later I'm in my room doing small tricks. A few couples have come by and no one wanted a boy, they all want girls. I'm 10, aren't I want your looking for age wise? Today is a different day though and there's a guy- a single guy- coming to adopt today. I roll my eyes as I hear him walk through. Yes the door is loud when opened and there's a little bell and when shut it practically slams itself. You can try to shut it non slammingly but it's not gonna do you any good.

I went downstairs to see the guy. He had a tree tattoo on his arm. I raised my eyebrow at this man as I hid behind the wall, starring at him. He looked around before mrs. April came and greeted him. "The boys have been waiting to meet you... well... most of them." She chuckled. He did too, seeming nervous. I don't blame him. I mean I'm ten and it feels like I'm being baby sitted instead of cared for until someone picks me up and takes me to a new home to which I'll be there forever. Plus I didn't know this man wanted a boy!! I'm happy! A smile formed, but quickly left when I realized there's a ton of boys so why would he want me? I'm just a kid who likes skateboarding and Tony Hawk tee shirts and Video games. I sat as she called the boys down. "All boys! You too Spencer!!" She yelled. I groaned and walked in the room, being the first one. She looked at me surprised.

I looked at the man and spread my fingers down the middle and smirked. "Salutations." I put my hand in my pocket as the man chuckled. That was my way of saying hello and creeping the heck out of the people who want to adopt. It didn't seem to creep this man out though. He seemed more relaxed and we was super friendly surprisingly. Most of the couples are real rude to us, not just me. I must've seemed shocked cause he just smiled at me. I grinned at him. After everyone was interviewed, even me, he glanced around the room and sorta froze. I could tell he didn't want anyone here. Not even me. I sighed, ready to get up.

Until.............. "Spencer, come here." Mrs. April said. Every one looked at me shocked. I looked at them shocked too. I was probably in trouble knowing me, they probably found my skate bored and they're handing jimmy to deal with the man, who I found was named Josh.

"Hey buddy," Josh said as I rounded the corner. I gave him a slim grin before looking at Mrs. April.

"Go pack, Spencer." I looked at her as if this was a cruel joke they were playing. Then Josh looked at me with a big smile. "Let's go, I'll help." I lost my glare as Josh lead me up the stairs. I walked into my room and the first thing I got was my skate board I made only days ago. Josh looked at it and made a face before shrugging it off. I grabbed my one bag and threw my stuff in it aka clothes basically thats all I have. I threw on my black jacket and grabbed the bag and my makeshift skateboard as me and josh headed out. I grabbed Josh's hand for reassurance that I'm not making stuff up. My mind has a tendency to do that. We walked to Mrs. April and all the other kids where heading out to hang out and talk about stuff. This always happened after adoptions. The kids couldn't cry, but they could talk about it. We both signed some papers. After that we walked out and went to a small black car, nothing good about it, but nothing bad.

"So, you're into skateboarding?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I am too, maybe I'll get you a better one." I looked at him in shock.

"Really?!" I asked with joy. He laughed.

"Of course." We rode home listening to music Ive never heard before. Once we got home I found my room and sighed. "Best. Day. Ever." I said before jumping into my bed and falling asleep.