Two

A year later, Sunday, June 19, 2011

When I awoke, the first thought I had wasn't about my dream, wasn't even habout how tiered I was because I was tiered, it was about how today was that in two days is my birthday. I jumped up. I'm about to be 12!! I ran downstairs to find the house empty. The house has been empty for a few days. Dad's been at a friends working with work. He taught me how to cook so it didn't matter, really.

I got into the cabinet and I grabbed dad's and I favorite cereal, Reese's puffs! I ate some and felt good after word. I grabbed my skate board and headed to the skate park that wasn't too far. I skated my way, and found a guy who I sorta new there.

"Hey, dude!" I said with a chuckle. "Your back!" We did a bro shake and he said hey. she got on his bike and I got on my board and we did some tricks, aka me falling all the time. And him falling too. He was already twelve, and his name is Ryan. He did a bar manual 180 and failed. We laughed. I did a kick flip and also failed, falling and scrapping my knee. It didn't hurt, so I just laughed it off. We did a few more things. "Yo dude." I said. "Let's go get some drinks." Ryan nodded and we both went to a gas station. It was shut down. "What?!" I yelled.

"This is bull!" Ryan said. We sighed. "Let's just go to yours, got any drinks?" Ryan asked.

"My dad has Red Bull." I said. He suddenly got on his bike and raced in the direction where he saw my look. I got on my board and raced after him.

I let us in and my dad was inside drinking a Red Bull on the phone. He grinned when he saw me, and his grin turned bigger when he saw Ryan. Probably because I made a friend and he's happy for me.

"Yeah, no, I'll just- yeah no it's fine I'll just quit my job.... nah it's fine dude my jobs sucky anyway. Nah seriously it's cool. Alright, sick! Bye dude.... 8? Okay... sick bye!" My dad hung up my phone to seem my face confused. And probably Ryan still wondering why we haven't gotten any Red Bull yet. I went around my dad and opened the fridge grabbing a Red Bull and handing it to Ryan.

"Mind explaining?" I asked him.

"Oh, yeah this guy in a band asked me to play tonight because his drummer quit the band. So I decided I'll just quit work and play tonight and hopefully find a new job after." Dad said. He wasn't really like a dad, more like an older brother, but I call him dad just cuz.

"Oh, that's sick, can I come?" I asked. He gave me a look.

"Nah, Id rather you not, you could get hurt. Plus, you still haven't introduced me to your friend here!" He laughed. I chuckled.

"Oh this is Ryan. He rides bike." I said. Ryan waved as he chugged the Red Bull.

Dad chuckled. "Sick, dude." We all laughed at dad's choice of words.

"So, your his.... brother?" Ryan asked.

"I'm his dad." Dad said with a chuckle. My heart ached at that. I felt as him of a brother, I don't want him to be my dad, I want him to be my brother. I just sighed to myself and put on a small smile.

"Oh! You look really young! Where's his mom?"

"Selling-" I was about to say, being the ass hat I am.

"Oh, im a single father." Dad grinned with sorrow. I sighed and got a water from the fridge.  Suddenly Ryan got out an iPhone 4s and checked it.

"Oh, guys I gotta go, see ya man!"  Ryan said. He ran out grabbing his bike. I chuckled. Soon that chuckle faded. I opened my mouth to say something to Dad, but decided against it.

The days passed on it it was almost my birthday. When it was my birthday I didn't want it to be. I felt miserable and useless like I couldn't say a thing or it was wrong. Today I'll just not speak.

I woke up not wanting to get out of bed, but I heard dad talking to someone so, me being me, I got out of bed and walked down the stairs to see Dad talking to a man with tattoos on his arms. Mostly just thick and some skinny black lines around his arm. I walked down further to hear them clearer.

"So, you did really well a few nights ago, and well since I feel bad for you having to quit your job and all-" the man began.

"Aw, it's nothing really." Dad said with a chuckle.

"Well, then I wanted to ask you if you'd like to join my band." I could hear the big smile in the man's voice as he spoke. My dad sat stunned.

"Of course I would!" He said finally after moments of sitting stunned. I sat stunned on the stairs that my dad would be in a band!! He told me he was once in a band but it didn't really go anywhere, but now he's gonna be able to do a band that's pretty big!! I tried to keep myself from gasping and running to my dad and hugging him and being super happy for him, but I couldn't contain my self and I almost tripped down the stairs to hug him.

The other man sorta chuckled and snickered as my dad laughed. I laughed too as I congratulated him.

"Who's this?" The man asked.

"Oh, this is my adopted.... brother..." Dad said. I looked at him shocked. Why would he lie to this man? "His name is Spencer."

"Hey Spencer, my name is Tyler!" We shook hands.

"Josh..." I said, and it felt weird.

He looked at me. "Yeah buddy?"

I got up close and whispered in his ear. "Today's my birthday..." I leaned away and his eyes went wide.

"What?! Oh my- Spencer!" He said. He got up quickly and I bounced on the couch.

Tyler looked at me confused. "Today's my birthday, he forgot." I chuckled.

Tyler chuckled too, "happy birthday little dude." He fist bumped me as josh came back Into the room with a little box. I raised my eyebrow as I took it.

Tyler looked at it curiously. "What is it?" He asked. Me and Josh laughed. I opened it to see the new iPhone 4s.

"You got me a phone?!" I yelled in happiness. "Thanks! This is so sick!!" I said laughing. I side hugged Josh and turned it on. We all played with it, trying to set it up.

"Wanna hang?" I asked Tyler. He looked at Josh. Josh nodded and Tyler nodded too with a small smile.