Begin ..

There's was nothing really to this year. I felt that it was gonna be a breeze. One boy happened to try to talk to me on the first day. But knowing me, I wasn't feeling it. So I brushed him off. I went to my classes they were cool or whatever. I went to my Ap class and I saw this boy , who to me looked like he was misplaced in the wrong class room. I even judged him as ghetto because of his hair and name. But I later found him as smart and chill. His name was Quan.

But the big thing was coming.
Basically it all started as a game.

3 weeks later

We (my AAU teammates) were all over my friends house for a sleepover. We played all the games we could do. But by 2:00 in the morning, we were bored and just started talking.
Soon my friend's older sister had asked if we wanted to participate in a crazy weird game. My cousin Niah had raised her hand. I wanted to try something new, so I raised mine.

" Okay, here's the game. You both gotta pick a boy that goes to your school. Any random boy"

Niah - James

I got Quan.

"Alright now you have to pretend to like him. As in fake it. Make sure you inform your friends as well."

Niah - Wait, what?!

"You wanted to play the game, you shouldn't have put your hand up"

Ali - I ain't tripping, but that's it?

Steph - Y'all Tripping!

Ali - Mann, Niah just do it! All we doing is pretending to like someone!

"That's not it! You can not catch feelings for them. By April 10 if one of you have actually fell for them. You lose the bet".

Niah - Oh. I'm heartless anyways!

Ali - Nahh, Niah! This challenge is all mines!

We put our hands together and shook on it.

"Bet"

2 days later ..

I was sitting in English class, just wondering how was I gonna do this. I can't bail out now! I already shook on it.

So it was decided when class ended I was gonna tell my play best friend Rashaun, initially so he would tell Quan. Which mostly he respond back what he said.

I wanted to tell one of my friends Denise, but I just never got to it.

Ali - Bestfrannd !

Rashuan - What, Ali?!

Ali - Bro, I gotta crush on someone in our class.

Rashuan - Who? Warren?

Ali - No, it's Quan.

Rashaun - Omg, fr?

Ali - Yeah, I don't care if you tell him either, but don't tell him I told you to tell him.

Rashaun - Ight.

I was in my next class. And this boy I had a crush on in intermediate was there. For some reason he kept playing with me. But I wasn't worried about him. I kept wondering about Quan.

Derrick - You like someone here?

Ali - Um, kinda why you ask that?

Derrick - Oh, cause  I can hook you up with them.

Ali - I think I'm good.

Soon that class was over and I was on my way to history. Until someone tapped me on the shoulder.

Ali - Wassuh, bestfrannd .

Rashaun - Quan said that he is not attracted to you like that.

Ali - Oh.. Alright.

I had to play it off like that, cause I took this bet thing seriously. I was kind of dumbfounded.

...
It was dismissal. And it seem like the rumor was out. All the boys I knew looked at me differently.

I went on my bus and I couldn't even sit down before Nicole asked me questions.

Nicole - I thought you were gay!

Ali - Why did you think that?

Nicole - Because you were always distant and I never heard you talking about a boy.

Ali - Oh, I'm not though!

Nicole - But that's cute.

4 weeks later