Teresa

Newt's POV

I woke up in the bed in the dorm. I wasn't too devastated now. I'd realised that if Gally could live when he was taken by the grievers, then Alby could too. Minho was on my right, breathing so loud I couldn't hear anyone else. Thomas was on my left. He had just slept last night. He slept so easily, without rolling and twisting. He just lay down and slept.

It had been two days since our rescuers disappeared. Teresa had gone too and Thomas had barely gotten up. Max had slept almost always. She was moved into our room because Teresa had disappeared from Max's room. To be replaced by Aris. I didn't like Aris. It seemed like he was lying. He suddenly woke up in the room that Teresa and Max were in. Hardly believable.

Minho got up and pulled me up with him. He ran me around the room waking up all the Gladers.

"What are you doing Minho?" I asked him, jumping over the loads of things lying all over the floor. "Thomas will be so bloody annoyed at you."

"I don't care. I'm distracting everyone from the hunger." Minho said. The Gladers groaned and rolled out of bed.

"I'm hungry." They all said.

"I know, I know." We'd found that Minho was supposed to be the leader. I'm the glue. Whatever that means. We don't know how we got these tattoos. Max's said she was test. That made sense because they tested a couple things on her before she was found to be important or something or other I don't know.

"Would you shut up Minho. I'm hungry and I'm tired and I don't want to shucking hear your voice in my ear." Thomas wasn't tired or hungry though. He was just really annoyed that Teresa was gone.

Max was in the bed in the corner. Sleeping as usual. She was hardly ever awake. And when she was she was vomiting blood. Either that or half awake and just unconscious and stuff. Just mumbling stuff and doing things she doesn't remember. She was really sick all the time. Hallucinating and the talking had to be a part of her whole sickness.

"Go. You wake her up. She vomited on me last time." Minho told me. He then ran across the beds and jumped on all the Gladers. I walked over and sat on Max's bed. She shot up in her sheets. Not awake yet though.

"Hey," I said to her. She was still sleepy. "You feeling sick? Anything wrong?" She shook her head and rubbed her eyes. "That's good. Do you want some water?" She shook her head again. She reached forward and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"How are you?" She asked me but she didn't wait for an answer. She kissed me once, then started kissing me all over my face and down my neck. She came back again and then kissed me on my mouth again harder, running her hands through my hair. She dropped off and then was asleep again.

"I'm really good." I said to no one, but Minho heard me.

"Nice. You know we don't all get one. Why can't I have one?" He asked me. I looked at him and just shook my head. "I find it hard to believe that we were in the glade for 3 years and no one, not even you, was gay."

"Not even me? What is that supposed to mean?"

"I just mean that if I had to pick someone that would be gay it would be you." He looked away at all the boys in the room "I just want a girl. You're so lucky she picked you. And Thomas had Teresa and I have no one."

"You have me, you big loaf." He looked at me funny. I laughed it off and he eventually walked away. Max was almost really awake now. She scrunched her face and rolled around. "Hey Max." I said. She smiled at me.

"Hey." She said. She and I were still incredibly awkward but not. She was always ok with it when she was asleep, but as soon as she woke up she forgot and was shy again.

"Max can you do me a favour and shut Minho up. He's pissing me off. " Thomas said from his bed. Max bit her lip in a concerned way and looked at me for help.

"Thomas can I do anything to help?" She asked him. He shook his head and she looked into her hands. "I'm really sorry Thomas." He didn't say anything and she stopped talking too.