What we know and what we can do with it

Inside the Physical Kid's cottage, six magicians sat in a circle with a chalice in front of them

Inside the Physical Kid's cottage, six magicians sat in a circle with a chalice in front of them. Each of the magicians laid passed out on the floor.

Yet like at the same time all six of the magicians screamed. Quickly they all gasped trying to regain their own composure. "Any luck anyone?" Quentin asked the other five around him.

"Well, he sliced me down the middle as I tried to jump. Half of me ended up in a river while the other half was hanging from the statue of liberty crown." Penny said falling onto his back groaning.

"I got hung and my neck sliced open...again," Margo said wiping a tear then showed a face of amusement.

"I got knocked out and torture. This time Margo had to watch not you Q." Eliot said quickly getting on his feet. "Which means time for a drink. Come Bambi." The tall magicians said taking his freelance lover by the hand.

"I choked on my blood and died," Alice said sitting on her rump, slowly she pulled her legs to her chest then wrapped them softly with her arms for comfort.

"Same here..." Kady said getting up and throwing her hands up. A loud grunt of anger escaped her lips. "This is bullshit. It's always the same shit with him. He holds up, chokes us, slice, knocks out, tortures, or just kills us. What I wouldn't give to just have five of me and jump him." She added on while walking to a couch and falling into it.

"Jump...over power...any army. Maybe we have been doing this all the wrong way!" Quentin said jumping up and putting something in his mind.

Alice quickly rose up with him and looked a bit confused. "What are you talking about? We are trying to take the beast as five. Even still we are not enough and I don't think we have many volunteers." She explained reluctantly.

Quentin paced back and forth rubbing his hands together, then snapping. "We can not stay on the garden path expecting to beat Martin while being ethical and fair." The male said making the other five giving him the attention he was obviously requesting.

"In dungeons and dragons if you have a party full of wizards and sorcerers you won't last long. Yet if you have a healer, a wizard, a knight, a monk, a thief. You have a true dungeon diving team if dice are not total assholes." Quentin said looking for some kind of feedback.

"Speak English dungeon dork," Penny responded with standing with his arms crossed.

"Well...if we have versatility and a front line then we have a bigger chance." Q shrugged his shoulders and tucked his hands into his arms.

"I don't think anyone is willing to be a human magic shield and take all the attacks from the Beast," Penny said turning away to throw his hands up spinning in a small circle.

"Well, no one has to volunteer. We do what Professor Mayakovsky taught us. Something few know and few can understand. So do we want to be controlled or the controller?" Quentin asked the group around him before rushing off upstairs. After a moment he came back down holding a book. This book was the standard Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition beginners book.