Chapter 1 - Abandoned

It all started on June 26th 1996. I had the most stunning hair that made you stop dead in your tracks. I was finally born. I had the eyes of a flowing stream of water. A smile of gold that was as bright as the sun sat upon my face. I had everything I could ever wish for. Well,except a family. My parents died 2 days after I was born. They were murdered by an anonymous source. Nobody knew what soulless devil would take the most precious people from a little girl. It was a busy day at McDonald's they were releasing they're new winter hot drinks. You would think that with so many people around they would notice me crying behind a dumpster; not one person heard my continuous wailing as I hoped and hoped for warmth. Except for one man. His name was John. John Medley. He cradled me in his arms. My gleaming eyes twinkled at the feeling of warmth from the pair of arms wrapped around me  head to toe. Wrapped tightly, John found a hospital band around my wrist. 'My name is Raven Willis'. " Well now that you are my child your name shall be, Raven Willis-Medley" John whispered softly to me while I fell asleep. John silently unravelled his woolly scarf from around his neck and lay it gently upon my trembling torso. I smiled happily in my sleep as if I was aware of what was going on. After a long ride home, John and I enjoyed a filling meal of McDonald's. While John was chomping on a tasty Big Mac,I was having a blast sucking the salt off the chips. That was the best day of my life. I felt like I was safe and had a home finally. Well that's what I thought. For all I knew he was my dad. What I really didn't know was that from that day on my future was doomed. My life was crumbling before my eyes but I didn't even know. I was just a baby back then.