2- Just A Dream

Song: Say It - Flume

TO THOSE who have read this chapter, I tweaked the ending a little to flow better with chapter 3!

~~~~~~~~~~~

My senses slowly started to start up again as I woke up. I tried to move my hands to rub my eyes, but they wouldb't cooperate with me.

What? I was slumped against a wall, from the rough feeling of it, it was made of brick.

I opened my eyes in a flash and looked around. The dim light was making it hard to see, but with my enhanced senses I should've been able to see everything if I wanted to.

I looked down at my wrists and saw chains holding me in place. How deep had i been asleep enough for them to chain me up?!

Around the room there was a light hanging from the ceiling casting down a dim light, a table in the far corner that looked entirely made out of thin steel.

Other than that the room seemed bare. I guess, as far as I could see since I couldn't see. Sarcasm in spades people.

I tried to test the strength of the chains holding me--nothing. My strength wasn't working. It wasn't like I was super strong, but my kicks definitely had more strength than an average person's did.

But now...? It was like all my senses had disappeared and I was just.....normal.

Tears pricked my eyes but I held them back. I wasn't a weak person, I hadn't cried when Boulder (a villian with the ability to turn his skin to rock types) punched me in the face, so I wouldn't cry now.

The doorknob jiggled and I tensed up expecting some crazy, knife-wielding lunatic or something. I heard hushed voices outside the door. "It's done."

My head was hit with a wave of dizziness and my head fell back against the wall I was resting on.

It felt like someone had taken a jackhammer to my head, the room was spinning. I closed my eyes and evened my breathing out. My train of thought disintegrated every time I tried to form a conscious thought.

Muted conversations turned clear as the door opened. "Okay she's out."

"Really? It doesn't look like it."

"Well we still need her lucid to ask questions. Ease up man."

I heard a sigh and the pounding in my head lightened enough where I could open my eyes.

"Well hello dollface. Look what the cat dragged in."

In front of me was the slightly blurry image of Vortex. Well what a surprise, didn't expect that at all. Right. (Sarcasm is evident)

I heard a chuckle come from behind him and I lifted my head to see who it was. The blonde boy from before.

His hair was still super messy, maybe a little better than before, like he had tried to straighten it up as an afterthought in a hurry.

The door burst open and Vortex turned around. I couldn't see who or what was behind him, but he sounded happy to see whoever it was.

Vortex moved to the side and out stepped the one and only. Mr. Flamebrain himself, Blaze.

Of course he would be behind this. Him and all his supervillian buddies probably planned to take a girl for ransom or something. I was just glad it was me and not some innocent girl.

The only downside to this whole situation, other than being kidnapped, was my powers were malfunctioning. Probably from that blonde dream boy.

Not that he was dreamy or anything--just--his powers were.....ugh I give up.