The Wedding |4|

Avi and Mitch were still excited when they woke up the next morning. They had some breakfast and then just waited for the wedding planner to arrive. She was on time and rang the doorbell at exactly ten am.

Mitch opened the door and smiled brightly at the young woman. "Good morning, Eva" he greeted her kindly. "I'm Mitch."

"Good morning, Mitch" he said. "Oh and I know that you're Mitch." She winked at him and let herself be lead into the house to meet Avi.

"Hello, Eva, I am so glad that you could make time for us that quickly" Avi said with a smile on his face.

"Good morning, Avi" Eva said and shook his hand. "Of course I made time for Kirstie's friends. Shall we dive right in with the planning?"

Mitch nodded. "Definitely. We can't wait. Let's sit outside on the patio, it's wonderful out there." He lead her there and sat down.

"You're right" Eva replied. "This really is beautiful" she said and looked around the garden before she sat down opposite of Mitch and Avi. "So, what exactly do you need me for. I mean, you're planning your wedding, obviously. But is it everything or only some minor parts?"

"Well" Mitch started. "We have some things in mind already, but we'll definitely need some help putting all the pieces together."

Eva smiled at them. "Yes, definitely. That is what I am here for." She smiled at them and got out her notebook. "Do tell me what you had in mind and we'll talk about everything."

"Let's start with the location" Avi stated. He got out the notes he and Mitch made the day before and started. "Well, we want an outside wedding, some nature, like a nice garden maybe, we're not sure. Maybe near the the sea? We weren't really sure about that."

Eva nodded and wrote all those things down. "Okay, I can definitely find something for you" she said. "Do you have a date in mind?"

Mitch nodded with a slight smile on his face. "Yes, we have. It will be March 12th. It's our anniversary" he said proudly.

"Aww, this is such a cute idea" Eva said happily. "March 12th it is" she pointed out. "A location which is outside, has some nature and might be near the sea. Sea as in beach?"

"No, more like cliffs" Mitch said. "We have this special place which no one else knows about. It's basically up on the cliffs and it's so beautiful" he explained. "We spend a lot of time up there and want to recreate this feeling. But our cliffs aren't an option, because there's just nothing around there. And we don't want people to know about this place so."

"I understand" Eva said. "And I will try my very best to find the perfect location for the two of you. Give me a few days and I'll let you know. Is there anything else?"

Avi nodded. "Yes. We've been thinking about the ceremony" he said. "And about the minister. We would like them to be from a religious background. We just don't want the simple ceremony, but something spiritual as well. Something special."

"Mmhm" Eva hummed. "I'll write all of it down and try to find someone who would fit with the two of you" she said. "I know a few ministrants, who are very keen on getting to know the couple they're holding the ceremony for, I think this is what is important to you, isn't it?"

"Definitely" Mitch spoke up again. "I mean, I wouldn't say that our relationship is not that much out of the ordinary, but it is special to us and we definitely want our ceremony be special as well."

"And this is totally understandable, Mitch" Eva said. "I mean I saw you together on multiple occasions, one of them being Kirstie's wedding and well today I see you interacting and exchanging your wishes for your own big day. I've been in this job for some time and I always pride myself with knowing if two people have this spark between them. And believe me you certainly do. You're amazing as a couple, you work so well together, look wise but also with regard to your love towards each other. You deserve everything you wish for." She pushed a streak of red hair out of her face and looked down at her notes. "So... let's talk about the reception. Is there any food you like to have, any wishes for music for decorations maybe?"

"Well" Mitch began. "For food we need to have a certain variety. I am gluten free, I have some friends who are vegetarian and vegan and my fiancé wants a BBQ."

They both expect the wedding planner to laugh at the last bit but she just nods and writes it down. "Sure, why not. I think BBQ fits wonderfully within your whole idea of being outside in the nature. I'll find a caterer and give you the menues when we meet again. As you need that many varieties, I would go for a buffet. So everyone can just choose what they want" she explains. "And we can also get a chef who will prepare fresh BBQ on the spot."

"Perfect" Avi said. He nudged Mitch and grinned at him. "See, BBQ is a good idea."

Mitch chuckled and shook his head. "I never said it wasn't, Lovebeard."

Eva looked at them curiously. "Lovebeard? I've never heard such a cute nickname before" she pointed out. "And it is so fitting for you, Avi."

Mitch nodded proudly. "Yes. It's been around for a long time now. I don't know how I came up with it, but I loved it instantly. I mean we still do the basic 'Babe' thing, but this is something just for us."

"It is. So, Avi do you have any special nicknames for Mitch?" Eva wanted to know.

Avi shrugged his shoulders. "I tend to refer to him as my Queen, but apart from that, I only call him Babe or Mitchie."

"And this is completely fine. I love being called all of the above" Mitch pointed out.

"Aww, you're so sweet to each other" Eva said, her face radiating happiness. "So" she continued. "Shall we maybe talk about some other stuff. Like is there anything else you need help with? Photographer, music, clothing, invitations?"

"Not really" Mitch said. "We know a few photographers, we're asking a befriended couple to sing a few songs and hire a DJ for the rest of the night. We'll shop for clothes with our stylist and we also know someone who will help us with the invitations" he listed and then scratched his neck. "Hmm... I think that's it for now."

"What about the cake?" Avi suddenly chimed in. "I mean we cannot take just any cake, it needs to be partly gluten free."

"Good to know." Eva wrote down some more things and nodded. "So, now we only have to do boring contract stuff, if you want me to help you and then I'll be off to my bureau to start searching for everything you need."

The couple looked at each other swiftly, checking if both of them were satisfied with the idea to hire Eva as their wedding planner. It only took one short glance before they both nodded.

"Yes, we definitely want you to help us" Mitch spoke up. "Please help us make our wedding the best day of our lives."

Eva chuckled. "I will" she said. "Not only because it's my job but also because I love making people happy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well... say hello to Eva, the wedding planner ;)