The Wedding |8|

Two weeks later they still hadn't found someone to conduct the wedding ceremony. Mitch was beyond annoyed, while Avi tried to stay positive about it. He was always there to calm Mitch down, to tell him that everything would work out just fine, even at times when Mitch was stressing out too much.

"We're meeting up with Kevin, Scott and Eva later and who knows, she probably has a solution ready for us" Avi said when Mitch was once again sitting on the sofa, scrolling through pages and pages on his ipad in search of a minister.

"What if she doesn't?" Mitch replied. "What if we never find a minister? Avi, it's only six weeks until our wedding. "What do we do if we're ready to get married but can't do so, because we have no one to ask us the goddamn questions?"

Avi sighed. "Babe, we've been there before. Do me a favour and wait another two weeks before completely freaking out, okay?"

Mitch glared at him, but this glare was soon replaced by a wide grin. "So you're actually telling me that it's okay to freak out?" He giggled. "Seriously?"

"Yep, I am being serious" Avi replied. He took the tablet out of Mitch's hands and placed it on the table. "And now come on, Kevin and Scott should be here any minute."

"Mmhm, I know" Mitch got up and pressed a simple kiss on Avi's cheek. "I'll pour us some coffee."

Avi smiled. "Do so. When will Eva be here?"

"In an hour or so, she's showing locations to another couple" Mitch returned while he was already loading up the coffee machine. "I told her to come over once she's finished."

"Awesome" Avi said. They and the wedding planner had gotten pretty close over the past months. It was more than just the kind of relationship you would usually have with your wedding planner, they were friends. Eva even agreed to come to the wedding, as a guest.

"Yeah, I cannot wait to hear what else she has for us. She sounded weird on the phone, but I could be imagining things again." Mitch shrugged his shoulders and then walked over to the door when he saw Scott's car in the driveway.

"Scott, Kevin! I am so glad that you're here" he greeted his best friends. "Come on in."

"Hi, Mitchy" Scott replied and hugged his best friend before he went inside to greet Avi.

"Hey, Mitch" Kevin greeted him, a cheeky grin on his face. "How are you? You look stressed out."

Mitch shrugged his shoulders. "I'm okay. Just a little bit annoyed because of the whole shebang concerning the wedding minister aka the one thing which is still missing."

"But Eva is taking care of this isn't she?" Kevin asked.

"Of course she is, but still." Mitch sighed. "Anyway, let's head inside, we have coffee and some things to talk about."

"We certainly have." He grinned at Mitch and then just walked passed him to greet his best friend.

Mitch furrowed his brows, asking himself why Kevin was being that positive. Yet he couldn't make anything of it.

It was only when the four of them were sitting around the dining table and were enjoying coffee and snacks that Mitch found out what Kevin had in mind.

"Well, I need to tell you something" Kevin said, looking at the couple seriously. "I think that I won't be able to be your best man, Avi, I am sorry."

"What?" Mitch reacted first. "No. You said yes! You can't just throw over all our plans, not you, too, Kevin. We're trusting you! Avi is trusting you." He raised his voice but stopped when he heard Scott chuckling softly.