He's a Genius

Author's Note: This is a stand alone sequel to "Essential," meaning it is inessential (bad pun) to read the first story to understand what's going on. But go ahead and read it, because you're cool like that. Written for the ~Days of Yore~ challenge at the livejournal celebrate_fma comm.

Warning: Elricest

++

Mustang thought he was so clever. Most idiots did. Wouldn't it just make more sense to tell Ed he was just trying to get him out of his system?

Al seemed to think so. "He plays games so much he's playing them with himself. I could tell the man was obsessed with you, and resented it." He gulped down the rest of his lager. "It was an experience, Brother. That's all it was."

Ed watched fat snowflakes drift. He hated the cold but Bruges was a good, far-way middle ground. "He said you had more skill."

"Hehe... He did seem impressed."

"That's the thing." Ed stepped away from the window. Toward the bed. "Skilled? You've been awfully busy, haven't you, Al? What're you doing? Sleeping around and calling it research or something? You'll get diseases." He put his hands on his hips. "And don't tell me about your stupid addendum to Equivalent Exchange. 'Adding something of yourself' shouldn't be a pickup line, Al."

He was being harsh but he knew he was right. Al was probably giving the phrase "making up for lost time" a whole new meaning. When Mustang described his little brother that way with that damn smirk Ed wanted to scream. Yes, it bothered him because he was the older brother and he should've been the one who was better in bed. And maybe he wanted to blow Mustang away. (Though he'd never admit it!) But his little brother wasn't supposed to be "skilled," like some... some... hooker!

"I'm sorry." He wasn't sorry at all. He was smiling. Typical Al! He was trying to charm his way out of this one. "Sex is fascinating and I enjoy learning about it. You can't blame me, right?" No, not after he'd been denied physical sensation for so long. Of course he couldn't. But he was going to get syphilis if he wasn't careful.

"Look..." He took his hand and squeezed. "I'm not mad. I'm worried. Can you blame me? You're all I've got, Al. I don't want you to throw everything away just because it feels good to be Mr Sex Machine, okay?"

Al pulled his hand back. "Sex Machine. Huh?" He looked up at Ed. "That was low."

"Yeah, but isn't that what you're acting like? Face it, Al: Mustang was talking about you like you're a sex toy. Is that what you wanna be?" He rarely got a chance to glare down his way-too-tall baby brother, so he couldn't resist the temptation. He got right down in his face, pushed a finger in his chest and seethed. "I don't ever want to hear anyone - especially that son of a bitch! - ever, ever talk about you like that again! You got that?"

Al dropped the charming smile and glared right back. "All I hear is my jealous brother warning me off his boyfriend."

Boyfriend? <i>Boyfriend?</i> Oh, that did it. Mustang was a one time deal. The bastard made that more than clear and Ed had no problem walking away. He last thing he needed was the mess Mustang made in his head playing out in his life. He'd had enough growing up under his thumb. Entering puberty jerking off as he imagined Mustang spanking him. Fucking him. Owning him. No, what happened that night in Central stayed there. All that stupid boyhood lust would stay locked inide a box and forgotten.

Ed pushed him. "Oh, I'm going to kick your ass for that."

"I'm so scared." Al kicked his feet out from under him. Laughed as he watched him fall forward. Got up just before he hit the bed. Put his knee on his back and pulled his ponytail. Hard. "I'm practically shaking."