ONE

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ONE; NEGLECT AND BETRAYAL

     VIVIENNE MISSES her brother. She misses rushing to him after he returns from Hogwarts, a wide smile spread across her small face. She misses hearing him tell tales of Hogwarts to her before she goes to bed. She misses her older sibling, and she's constantly reminded of his death everyday.

     Love is not a common word spoken around the Yearning household.

     Vivienne tries her best to stay far away from her parents, which means she's constantly staying at her friends' houses. Jessa Plaithe never minded, for she understood the troubles Vivienne experienced.

     However, what Vivienne didn't enjoy was the constant mention of Cedric Diggory, a Hufflepuff and one of Vivienne's friends.

     "I don't understand why you wouldn't want to talk about him, Viv. He's absolutely gorgeous! Straight out of a muggle magazine, I swear."

     Vivienne rolls her eyes at Jessa's endless chatter. She never understood why Jessa lacked the capability to introduce herself to Cedric, but she was reaching the brink of complete annoyance. Jessa's devotion to him was comical, but overshadowed by blabbering about descriptions of his facial features. Vivienne personally thought they would make a great couple, but if Cedric spoke one word to the dedicated Gryffindor, he would be scared shitless.

     There was a thundering of footsteps before Kit Yearning was standing before the two girls, eyes narrowed. "You're causing a ruckus. Shouldn't you be off to Hogwarts by now?"

     Vivienne chewed on her lower lip. "Yes, father. We were just about to leave." Jessa smiled awkwardly and stood from her chair. Vivienne was eyeing the Daily Prophet on the kitchen table, recounting the events that took place at the Quidditch World Cup. She had immediately gotten ahold of Cedric to check if he was okay, and the boy responded by telling her his view of the story. Death Eaters had invaded the camp where visitors were residing and the Dark Mark had been conjured up in the air. It would be the only talk at Hogwarts for weeks, Vivienne predicted.

     "Good. I won't have Ingrid waking up because of your nonsense, Vivienne."

     She tried her best to bite her tongue. She had done it so many times at breakfast before, but this was a situation she refused to excuse. She was leaving for Hogwarts and her parents wouldn't see her until Christmas. Didn't that count as anything to them?

     She slammed her mug down on the kitchen counter, breathing heavily. Jessa jumped at the sudden noise, but Kit didn't even flinch.

     "I'm going to be gone for months and that's all you have to say? That you're worried about mother waking up because me and Jessa were talking to one another?" After a moment of silence, Vivienne realized she wouldn't be receiving an answer. Kit took the Daily Prophet from the table and headed back upstairs. Jessa rushed over to the blonde, rubbing her back soothingly.

     "It's alright, Viv. Let's get going, okay?"

     King's Cross station was busy as usual when Jessa and Vivienne arrived. Vivienne had managed to cool herself down, but she wasn't sure how long she could contain herself for. Her parents always got her worked up before the start of the year, but she supposed she'd have to get accustomed to the harsh neglect.