Decisions

"Sir, it looks like the muscles in his left arm and right leg have been shredded while his remaining appendages seems to have undergone an immense amount of stress." A man wearing white clothing said with a grim expression. "I doubt he'll ever be able to walk again. It's a miracle that he's even alive!"

"I see." Pixis said as he stared down at the blonde man before him. Currently in a medical tent just outside the inner wall leading into Trost, the older commander was now looking over the two men that retook Trost. "And Eren?"

"His vitals are all stable at the moment. It seems that he's only suffering from exhaustion."

"Very good. Carry on then." Pixis ordered, gaining a nod and a swift departure from the doctor.

"Sir…?" Pixis looked over his shoulder and saw a silver haired soldier standing next to the entrance of the tent.

"Yes, what is it Rico?"

"Mikasa and Armin want to know of the status of both Eren and Naruto." Rico stated with a salute.

"Tell them Eren is fine."

"And Naruto?"

"Eren's fine." Pixis replied firmly. Rico's eyes widened before looking solemnly to the ground.

"Understood."

After his subordinates' departure, the elder commander looked down at the now uncloaked man. He was still in his black clothes but his cloak was hanging on a clothes hanger in the corner of the room.

"It seems all that power comes at a price." Adjusting the gray backpack on his back, Pixis moved to the side of the bed and sat down on one of the chairs. "But to sacrifice this much… Thank you."

"Sir, we're here to transport the two injured to the quarantine area." A soldier said after entering the tent.

Sighing, Pixis nodded while moving out of the way for the men to enter into the tent. "Fine. Lets just get this over with."

XxXxX

"H-hello?" A scared young voice stuttered out as the being shakily walked through a blanket of dark clouds. Not a sound could be heard, and not a single shred of light could break through the dense black fog. "P-Please! Is there a-anyone there?!"

Again, there was no reply from the ominous blanket of silence. The air around the small being felt ancient and full of wisdom, but hostile and decayed.

"P-please… anybody…" The creature said, its ears falling to the side of its head in anguish. Then, past the darkness of the fog, the creature could hear the faint noise of footsteps. Its ears perked up and it lifted its head at the sudden realization that someone else was there with it, but was the originator of the footsteps friend or foe?

The footsteps grew closer, louder even, and the creatures' anxiety began to grow with each passing footstep. "Who are you?!" A stop in the footsteps for split second, then they began again. Out of instinct the creature began to run. "S-Stay away!" Not knowing which direction it was running, the creature decided the opposite direction of the footsteps was the best option at hand. And so it ran, for what felt like hours upon hours, but the footsteps continued to move towards it at the same leisurely pace as before. Out of energy, the young creature fell to the ground, tired from all the running.

Then, the footsteps stopped. "Huh?" The creature looked over its shoulder only see an ominous black mantle standing over it. "D-don't hurt me!" It shouted, trying to create some distance between the two, but it was to no avail. The mantle bent down and reached its hand out towards the creature.

"Come, let me guide you out of the darkness." The voice was warm and soothing. Like the voice of a tender loving father as he spoke to his child. The creature was hesitant at first, but lifted its paw to meet the hand. The black mantle nodded his head before picking up the small animal and holding it in his arms. An audible 'eep' escaped the small creature as the mantled man moved swiftly through the black fog.