01

Song: Paramore_We are broken

"Where is my food you little bastard" he screamed at me and started punching me on the nose.

I learned to not make a noise when he beat me up, I didn't want to give him satisfaction of hearing my cries.

I could feel my body giving in...

1. He stuck a knife into my stomach

2. He took out the knife and started punching me in my wound

3. I black out

************************************

I woke up with sweat drenching me. I couldn't escape him, because he keeps haunting my dreams. My sleep has always been my safe haven but I started having nightmares of him torturing me.

Waking up, I felt light-headed and walked towards the motel I booked a room in. It looked fairly decent I guess, with a bed and bathroom there is nothing else I could think of. I turned on the heat of the water soothing my nerves, the hot water running down my spine...

After taking a shower I dressed casual, a black jumpsuit and a pair of converse. Tying my hair into a messy bun I was ready for the world.

I stepped out of my motel room and saw a creepy looking man, he started looking at me with lust in his eyes.

Pig!!!

I avoided his look and went down the stairs headed to the receptionist. "I would like to check out please" I said with an emotionless look on my face. She looked up at me and popped her gum, "Your name love".

"It's Kayla Matthews"

"Where you from?" She said while popping her gum. It was slowly and surely starting to irritate me.

"It's none of your business and stop popping that gum, it makes you look like a bitch" I snapped.

She rolled her eyes at me and said "Fine you're cleared and for your information I hope you get what is coming your way." I looked at her with a bored expression on my face and left the motel.

When I stepped out, I felt like I was being watched. I looked around but saw nothing, maybe I am being paranoid. I was in a foreign place with foreign people, I hope I didn't look suspicious around them. A new girl living alone with no parents, no friends.

I look up at the sky and just look at the clouds. No matter how much I hate what the world has done to me, I can never hate the beauty mother nature gifted us with. The clear blue sky, looking down at us, wondering why we want to kill the earth. I guess some things can never be figured out.

People of this town are already looking at me like I am a land animal residing at the ocean. Oh wait, I am a foreign girl.

I walked around the town and finally stumbled on a cafe. It looked cute. I entered and was hit with a smell of fresh coffee and fresh baked cookies. I went to the booth and waited to be approached.

"Hello little lady, what can I get you this fine morning?" A waiter, probably the owner cheerily asked my order.

"May I please have a cappuccino and an Oreo cake" I asked as nice as I could.

"Coming right up, little lady" he responded.

I nodded. Sometimes I hate how I could act like my life is sunshine and rainbows. My father practically forced my emotions shut, I was never this emotionless. When my mother was still alive, I was a daddy's little princess. He taught me the world of books and finding an escape in them. He would sit and read for me, that was until I could read for my self. After that we would sit in our personal library and read for hours,  until my mother would call us for dinner.

Then everything went south when my mother's health started deteriorating. We didn't have our sessions because my father was worried about the love of his life leaving him. I never wanted to do it but when you are given no choice, it's what you turn to. I never wanted to be tainted with blood but-

My thought were cut off by the sound of the bell of someone entering the diner. Three men entered the the diner and looked like men with authority. One of them looked at me straight on my eyes and said something to the other two.

"Here is your food my lady, call me when you need anything" he informed me.

I started eating looking down at my food. I could feel their stares penetrating behind my back. I don't want people to become suspicious of my presence in their small town. It's been a long time since I could eat my food in peace. I guess this town is what I needed.

"Miss, the gentlemen sitting at the back would like you to join them," the waiter/owner notified me.

I raised my eyebrows at this but continued eating. "Really now? Wouldn't that be awesome, sitting with a bunch of assholes, telling them the story of my life."

"Miss please, they are very dangerous men, I beg you."

Okay then. I stood up and walked cautiously to the men that were seated behind me. They continued looking at me like I was a shiny new toy.

"Gentlemen, you asked for my presence. What can I do for you?" I inquired.

"Well, hello there miss" the one with the blonde hair said.

"Please sit" the one with brunette hair said with no emotion in his voice.

I wonder what they know about me. What if they know about him? What if- No I am not going to think about it.

"So what can I do for you?" I asked. They better had called me for something worth the walk.

They didn't say anything, they just stared at me. With the way they are looking at me I could swear they know about my life. My life has been nothing but a pain in the butt.

"Who are you exactly, Kayla Matthews? Your name is there but you have no background, so who are you?" He asked. I felt my lungs closing in on me, how did he know my name? Even though I am freaking out, I kept a calm façade.

"I am who I am and it is clearly none of your business. I don't get how you know my name when I have just arrived here or how you were able dig my information. Leave me alone and we won't have any problems, Mr Trivano." After saying that I stood up and left them there with their mouths hanging open.

I smirked as I left.