CHAPTER 2

aria's pov

"so if you do my hair i'll do your makeup?"  i asked my best friend luna but it came off more like a statement.

"are you asking or telling?" she asked causing me to smirk.

"um a little bit of both?" i questioned making her laugh as she nodded her head.

"fine but i'm not curling it. takes too long and my arm starts to hurt." she smiled as i rolled my eyes. "i'm sorry i just don't have time for all that today." she added while grabbing a chunk of my thick long hair.

"fine. but can i borrow something? i'm not really feeling anything that i have." i asked as luna's face lit up.

"yes best friend i would love to play dress up with you." luna giggled as she walked towards her closet. "we should do the whole marykate and ashely thing where we twin but not matching. ya know?" she rambled as i agreed to whatever she was saying.

luna and i started to do each-others hair and makeup while blaring music through her tv. i was honestly kind of excited to go out and kinda excited to see carl. luna interrupted my thoughts by screaming as she looked at herself in the mirror. "yeah i look so good bro. come on get dressed." she ordered as she threw a black mini skirt at me.

carl's pov

"yo is your girl coming?" one of my best friends tyler yelled over the music.

"yeah man she's coming." i focused on the door as tyler shook his head and laughed. i shoved tyler's shoulder as he raised his hands in the air. "she's coming." i said as he took a sip of his drink. the time goes by for what feels like forever before tyler shoves my arm.

"yo that's aria right?" tyler asked as i nodded. i felt a grin start to creep up on my face. she looked so good. aria was in all black and her hair was straight all the way down her back. aria and her friend started to make their way over to the drink table so i motioned tyler to follow.

"okay so her friends name is luna. be respectful." sternly said to tyler as he rolled his eyes. tyler doesn't have the best reputation with girls and i don't want any drama with aria. "i'm serious don't fuck this up for me." i added before walking towards aria.

she was pouring herself a cup of the jungle juice that was on the table. i stood behind her and wrapped my hands around her waist. "what the fuck?" aria said loudly before turning around. "oh it's just you." she smiled making me laugh.

"just me?" i asked as she tugged at my hair lightly.

"carl gallagher."

"aria brooks."

"you took the braids out?" she asked as she smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"i did. i thought it was time." i said as aria smiled.  i looked over to tyler to see him and luna standing awkwardly while they watched how aria and interacted. aria must have noticed the same thing because she instantly started to laugh.

"shit sorry. luna that's tyler and tyler that's luna and luna you already know carl and carl you know luna and i know tyler already so we're good." aria rambled making me smile. i couldn't tell if the rambling was because she was starting to get drunk or because she was nervous. if shes nervous she sure doesn't show it.

"we should dance." aria whispered in my ear as she tugged lightly at my hand. i really don't know how to dance but with the way she's looking at me right now i guess i'm going to learn.

aria started to move her hips to the beat of the music. i watched aria as she moved and couldn't believe this was the girl who was my tutor. "you've got no rhythm." aria giggled as i rolled my eyes. "that's okay you're still cute." she smiled as she pulled me back to the drink table.

"have you seen luna?" she asked as she looked at the alcohol spread out on the table.

"yeah she's with tyler. she's good." i reassured her as she smiled. aria poured four shots making me laugh.

"what's so funny?" she asked as i pointed to the shots on the table.

"who are those all for?"

"us silly."

"i'm not drinking and you cannot drink four shots right now." before i could finish my sentence she had already taken two out of the four shots.

"i mean i'm not gonna pressure you. can you just make sure i get home okay?" she asked as i nodded. it was clear aria was drinking and doing whatever she wanted to tonight so i figured it would be best to just make sure she's safe while doing it.

"of course i got you." i said as she downed the rest of the shots and led me over to luna and tyler. luna and tyler looked like they were getting along pretty well.

"carl i'm really drunk right now." aria yelled over the music as i laughed. "why are you always laughing at me?" she questioned as she wrapped her hands around my neck.

"you're just really funny. are you ready to go?" i asked as she nodded. aria and i said goodbye to luna and tyler before leaving the party.

i took aria back to my house because i didn't think her parents would appreciate her rolling in at four in the morning and also because luna was most definitely staying at tyler's house.

"ugh so many stairs." aria mumbled as i smiled and led her up the stairs to my room. she instantly sat on ian's bed as i grabbed her a t-shirt.

"here's a shirt if you wanna change." i said while handing her one of my t-shirts. "i'm gonna go get you some water i'll be back."

after getting aria a cup of water i walked upstairs to find her already changed and under the blankets. "ugh your my savior." aria slurred when she noticed me with the cup of water. she chugged the water before handing me back the empty cup. i shut light off and laid down next to aria. she instantly scooted closer to me and laid her head on my chest.

"goodnight aria." i whispered.