five

our bodies moved in sync, rocking our hips to keep up with the waves. although, my body did not show it, i was in a state of absolute fear. every thought that consumed me were thoughts about the sharks, and it took all my strength to keep my balance. zayn, on the other hand was completely calm and tranquil. i couldn't say i didn't envy his brave soul, but i was too busy to be jealous.

as i concentrated on my own body, i was oblivious to the black-haired guy next to me. it was when he fell into the sea with a splash when i turned my attention to him. he struggled to breathe as if something was pulling on his legs. my eyes widened in pure shock as i saw the familiar dorsal fin that i've only seen once before.

my whole body began to shake at a terrifying pace, and i was unable to help zayn. i watched as the shark tore him to pieces, the sea filling with a dark crimson color.

my earsplitting screams were the only thing audible, blocking out the rush of the waves.

i wanted to help, but i was paralyzed and it was too late.

i was too late.

i really didn't want to write this, but this is a big part of the story.

and i know it's short and not detailed, but i really don't want to go in depth about how the shark killed zayn. it's hard enough for me to even write it, so no, i will not go in depth, sorry.