Chapter 23

***************************************
A/N
Im back bitches!( Jk )
****************************************
Alex's POV
The leaves crunched against my feet as I climbed down the stairs with the camera Val gave me for my birthday cradled in my arms. As I finally reached the dome( the area where Alex had discovered)

I took in the view and took and deep breath and sighed. It was so calm and collected over here. I set my bag pack down where I had put in my bikini and a pair of spare clothes, along with my phone. I might as well swim over here the water was crystal clear and there was no one around.

But first let me take some pictures. I just had a wonderful idea.
*********************************************

Satisfied with the amount of pics I had taken I kept the camera in my bag and took out the bikini.

I wasn't shy to take of my clothes because there was no one here and I'm sure no one will just randomly pop in. I changed into my bikini and let out a relieved sigh as I dipped my feet into the water.

It was neither hot nor cold, it was perfect. Confident that I could go further, I took a deep breath and went underwater. This was so relaxing. I was so stressed the past few days and now I think I deserve this wonderful break.

Away from all my problems.
I flexed my back and started swimming.

*********************************************

I smiled as I walked through the streets. It's pretty early in the morning and not many people were around.

I breathed in the fresh air and spotted a small cafe in the corner.
The smell of old books and coffee hit me hard and I smiled for I loved the environment here, it was very pleasant.

I grabbed my camera and took few shots of the cafe and in one was an old woman smiling at me from the counter. I looked up from the camera and smiled warmly at her.

" Hello! Dear how may I help this pretty young woman?" She asked, her voice smooth as silk. I immediately got a liking towards her. She this motherly aura around her.

" Hello ma'am. I would like a cup of black coffee please" I said politely.

" Oh! Don't need to be all formal darling. Call me Margaret. One black coffee coming up, do you want anything else love?"

" No thanks Margaret."

I went and sat at the corner and looked out through the glass window and smiled. I saw a family. The elder woman had her little baby girl carried in her arms while the elder man cooing at the baby. I raised my camera and clicked.

I wish I have that. Suddenly I grew grim. I suddenly missed mom.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by Margaret who placed a cup of coffee with some cream picturing a smile. I looked up a her and she left before giving me a wink.

As I sipped on the coffee the feeling of writing itched. I grabbed a notebook and a pen from my bag and imagine how dad feels right now. How he feels about her leaving. After all she was his love of his life.

I thought for a few minutes before spilling my thoughts on the paper.

I watched her fading away,
Away from me but right here she lay.
Sorrow and grief filled within me,
Here in my arms is the place she should be.
She lies here so close but yet so far,
Soon her bright innocent soul shall join the stars.
Death will soon take her away, away from me.
Is it wrong to say that I'm filled with jealousy?
Competing with death,
when I know death will win over,
Waiting for her last breath,
Until death takes over.
Is this the end or just a new beginning?
She is the bond, pulling us together mending.
She is my life, she is my lover girl.
She is my everything, she is my world.
She is the glue that moulds my heart together.
I promised her,promised to stay with her forever.
But now look how the tables have turned,
This is a lesson that can never be learnt.
Death will soon have its own way,
I looked down to see her skin pale and grey.
Her ragged breath slows down,
My face shapes itself into a miserable frown.
The sound of silence suddenly hits me,
Indicating that her bright soul shall no longer be.

Death has won.
(This poem is actually written by me. I named it "Death always wins")

I sighed and wiped the tears off of my face and looked down at the empty cup, funny how I'm just like the cup.

Empty.

***************************************

I sighed as the hot water hit my face. I slightly smiled as I looked at the mirror and traced my tattoo. I ignored the weird feeling in my stomach and I rubbed my body and dressed in sweats and a tank top.

I lay down on my bed looking through my photos.

I smiled. I had gotten so many nice pictures. I can't wait to see how it would look in the end. I had a really vague plan on what to do with the photos.

Suddenly I froze.

I quickly scanned all the pictures again. And in each picture there was a man. Staring right back at the camera.

Oh no no no no no, not just any man. That was Theo.

Ethan's best friend.

Fuck!!
******************************************************
A/N
Yo yo yo wassup my buddies!
Hello again, I finally updated and I'm sure you guys have withdrawn your knifes. Guys! You don't want to kill me now. The interesting part is yet to come.
SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Leo dies.

JK
Anyways please comment, vote and share ! Make me happy!

And one more important thing my final exams are coming up and I will be a little tight on schedule to update but I shall try my best.

Here's the good news. After my final exams get over, my summer holiday start. ( THREE MONTHS!!!!)

And during that period I shall keep updating!!!

Anyways peace out!!

💩
********************************************