The Second Earth

Now I believe that we are living on the second earth reason being that after Cain had made love to his wife and she became pregnant, she gave birth to Enoch.To Enoch was born many sons, at that time Adam also made love to his wife again and she gave birth to another son and named him Seth.

Adam lived a total of 930 years,
Seth became the father of Enosh, he lived a total of 912 years.
Enosh became the father of Kenan, Kenan became the father of Mahalalel, Mahalalel became the father of Jared, Jared became the father of Enoch (not Cain's son).Enoch became the father of Methuselah(the oldest man), Methuselah lived a total of 969 years, he became the the father of Lamech.

When Lamech had lived 182 years, he had a son.He named him Noah and said,'He will comfort us in the labour and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the Lord has cursed'. (Genesis 5:28-29)
After Noah was born, Lamech lived 595 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether Lamech lived a total of 777 years, and then he died.
After Noah was 500 years old, he became the father of Shem, Ham and Japheth.

                         ***
So from Adam to Noah..
In Adam's time the first sin was committed and in Noah's time there was wickedness in the world. Let's see what actually happened...

When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.Then the Lord said,'My spirit will not contend with humans for ever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.'
The Nephilim were on earth in those days and also afterwards, when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children with them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart were only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said,'I will will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground for I regret that I have made them'.But Noah found favour in the eyes of the Lord.(Genesis 6:1-8)

Because of the wickedness in the world God once regretted creating humans on the earth.
When the Lord decided to wipe from the face of the earth the human race he had created, there was only one man who found favour in the eyes of the Lord, this man was Noah.

My question is..If God decides to punish a group of people for a sin they have committed and you happen to be part of that group, will you find favour in the eyes of the Lord??  Please avoid sin and continue to live for Christ.

            Noah and the flood

Noah was one of Lamech's sons, he was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time and he walked faithfully with God.
In God's sight the earth had become corrupt and full of violence, God saw how the people on the earth had corrupted their ways so God said,'I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them.I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth'.(Genesis 6:13)

Because God was going to destroy the earth, he told Noah to make himself an ark.The ark was not built anyhow, God gave instructions as to how it should be built.Noah was not the only one who stayed in  the ark, he was with his family (his wife, his sons and his sons wives ).

God told Noah to take into the ark two of every kind of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with him. Noah was also to take every kind of food that would be eaten and store it .
Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

God told Noah to also take seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and it's mate, and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

After seven days the floodwaters came on the earth, at that time Noah was six hundred years.The rain fell on the earth for forty days and forty nights, the waters flooded for a hundred and fifty days.

But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that where in the ark with him, and He sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.The rain had stopped falling from the sky, the waters continued to recede until the tenth month, and on the first day of the tenth month the tops of the mountains which the waters had covered became visible.
By the first day of the first month of Noah's six hundred and first year, the water had dried up from the earth.By the twenty- seventh day of the second month the earth was completely dry.

Then God told Noah to come out of the ark with his wife, his sons and his son's wives and also bring out every kind of living creature that was with him so they would multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number.

After they had all come out, Noah built an altar to the Lord and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it.
The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in His heart:'Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.'(Genesis 8:21)

     God's covenant with Noah.

God blessed Noah and his sons.He gave them everything but told them not to eat meat that has its lifeblood still on it.And that for their blood He will surely demand an accounting, He will demand an accounting from every animal, and from each human being too.He will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

Then God said to Noah and his sons:'I establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you, the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you, every living creature on the earth.I establish my covenant with you:Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.(Genesis 9:8-11)

And the sign of the everlasting covenant between God and all life on earth is the Rainbow in the clouds.

Now, this Bible story teaches us about obedience. Imagine what would have happened if Noah built the ark in his own way without following God's instructions,maybe the ark would have been destroyed.
This story also teaches us about thanksgiving, by sacrificing those clean animals to the Lord Noah was giving thanks to Him for all that the Lord had done for His family.Note that it was after Noah had sacrificed the clean animals that God said he will never curse the ground because of humans.Learn to give thanks.
Finally ,this story also teaches us about keeping our promises, God has promised never to destroy this earth by the waters of a flood, we should also learn to keep our promises just as God has done.

I hope after reading this you would understand why I believe that we are living on the second earth.
Stay blessed, I pray for more grace and unction for each and everyone of you.Continue to live for Christ.

                  KayKay_Jesel☆