ch. 4

the girl sat at lunch today, Zim right next to her. he wasn't saying anything, but it was better than him yelling at her. cat slowly took a bite out of her single grape, which had seeds in it, but it really didn't matter right now. she wanted to find out why dib looked familiar to her, and what was so scary about him.
"wait here." she gathered up all her courage, took a deep breath, and started walking over to dib.
"no, no, take your time." she heard zim mumble. she laughed a little, knowing that she was actually starting to really like him.
"hey, d-dib," she stuttered while setting her dirty pink lunchbox on the table. the boy looked up from his journal and grinned.
"oh, hi! sit down!" he moved his stuff frantically, almost as if he was trying to make a good impression on her. cat sat down slowly, hoping this would go okay.
"watcha doing?" cat asked him, pointing at the journal.
"oh, uh, drawing stuff. you see that kid over there?" he pointed at zim, who was struggling to put his beans in his mouth. "im positive he's an alien."
"i knew there was something about him. hes cool though. i like him."
"but, you never know! he could be plotting to take over earth and you wouldn't know! ive had many encounters with him...he's smarter than you think."
cat nodded to show she was listening, then pointed at dibs journal. "what's that?" she asked curiously. dib wasn't as bad as she thought he was.
"oh, this?" he laughed a little and patted the cover. "it's my book of paranormal studies. my dad, he's a really famous scientist, by the way, wants me to be a scientist just like him."
"who's your dad...?" she asked nervously.
"oh, you've never heard of him? professor memebrane! he's pretty famous and always......"
cat didnt listen to the rest of his sentence.
professor memebrane.
cat suddenly realized why the boy was so familiar. memories came back to her, her mother screaming, the humans cheering.....she looked over at dib, who resembled professor memebrane quite a lot.
"i-i need to go..." cat gathered her stuff and stood up.
"oh, alright...!" dib nodded. "oh, hey cat? wanna maybe, uh..." the boy blushed.
"come over and uh...ill tell you more about my studies."
"um, okay." her mouth was faster than her brain was. maybe she just wanted to hang out with the boy. sounds fun. she just had to avoid his dad at all times.
"sounds like a plan." dib nodded.