CHAPTER II

LOCATION; North LondonTIME; 19th January - 12:45pm

TIME; 19th January - 12:45pm

════════════════

THE ACIDITY OF THE FIELD'S AIR BURNS her sorrowful eyes, shooting the tear ducts with sharpened arrows and sending streams of salty tears down the length of her icy cheeks. The cold numbs the pain- freezing the soft flesh of her naive heart into hardened stone as she watches her former lover mould himself into the arms of another girl.

"You're pathetic,"

Safina slouches next to her, stabbing Wendi with every sharp word that lifts from pierced lips. "I can't even bear to look at you,"

"Leave me alone, Saf."

"No. You're a wreck right now, all because of a stupid boy, who what? Gave a stupid excuse that you didn't love him enough and so left you for Lavinia instead? Please. He was basically saying 'it's not you but it is you'. Give me a break- he's a piece of crap, I can't even believe it,"

"Then don't." Wendi whispers, the sound of her dying heart being soaked dry into her cracked voice. She hiccups, finally peeling away a harsh gaze on the loving couple, smothering each other in kisses dripping with coy ambrosia and sunlight and lust. "None of it matters anyway,"

She stands, wretched and shaking with failing limbs and a spluttering soul that seeps heartbreak into every visible crack of her being. As she carries a blue tray of uneaten food, Safina grabs her lifeless arm, bitten nails digging red crescent moons into the plush, bronze skin.

"Two years, Wendi. He threw away two years. Don't act like it doesn't affect you- I know it does."

Lips tremble as she gives out a helpless cry for strength, clearing her throat dry and standing straighter than her crooked spine would permit. As darkness stitches itself with bone, her eyes lose both moisture and hope, "Leave me alone, Saf,"

And slowly, Safina melds her porcelain skin into a frown of immense disbelief, peeling away her clenched fingers that instead curls itself into a tight fist by her rigid side, watching in slight solemn sorrow as Wendi trudges off, not once looking back.

+

LAVINIA SMILES A DREADFUL SMILE, cloaked in empyrean gold and sunlight from summer days, combing back her chestnut coloured hair with golden hands that twist and turn through the short strands. Drowning in freedom, she races down the empty corridor. Her school uniform flys in a newfound wind, as she laughs joyously- her hands latching onto Wendi's hunched shoulders.

"Hey! Were you just going to leave me here alone, you- Wendi?"

The girl hiccups, wiping away useless tears as Lavinia watches her in silent awe, inhabiting a frown that barely fit her perfect face. "Wendi..."

"Don't.... don't say anything. He's just a... he's just a stupid boy-" but she cuts herself off, crouching to the floor in a mess of soggy cheeks and wrinkled fingertips. "Everything is fine, just go."

"Wendi-"

"Just go, I swear-" but Lavina hugs her, squeezing the moisture from her eyes, as she wails loudly, somewhat in between sadness and relief.

This is it- her life, slabbed against a slightly chipped plate with nothing more to give. And spluttering against the wave of her salty tears, she wonders if it had truly always been like this,

Because 'this' was nowhere near enough.

════════════════

[a/n] hiya!
sorry for the boring filler. i just wanted to guys to understand wendi's emotions a bit better.
honestly, she didn't love reese as much as she thought she did and he didn't cheat on her like everyone else thinks, so it'll all be okay soon.
good news, next week will probably be in peter's view. if it isn't, then something more exciting will be happening in wendi's life before then.
{+} also, this chapter is dedicated to @dobrienly for being such a pure sweetheart last week by commenting and voting so much on everything. i was so surprised and i really appreciated it. thank you, love!

toodle-oo,
ana

[ A N T I H E R O © 2017 ]