Fairytales

"Miss Y/N! Is it true you are dating the famous bachelor Bruce Wayne?!" As you stepped out of your tower you found yourself blocked by several journalists. This must be because you were kissing publicly yesterday. Within a second you got your phone up and sent a text to Bruce.

-
Y(ou) - "Media attack. Public now?"
You got a reply almost instantly.

B(ruce) - "I've nothing to hide, nor doubts in us. Need rescue?"

Y- "As long as they don't bite I'll be alright! Thank you nevertheless."

-
You added a heart beside the message.

"WAS THAT BRUCE WAYNE YOU TEXTED?!"
"WE HAVE PROOF YOU KISSED!"
"IS IT SERIOUS? OR ARE YOU JUST A PLAY THING?!"
"TELL US HIS SECRETS!"
"IS HE GOOD IN BED?!"

You arched an eyebrow and sighed. Pushing yourself past the mob seemed harder than expected, and once you got to the other side you felt deafened by all screaming questions.
However, getting them to give up wasn't as easy as ignoring them and walking away. No. Following you like a swarm of bees you could hardly move. Frustrated you looked up at them,
"Honestly!! Please move?" They didn't listen.
Feeling cramped you tried to turn back the way you came. You could sleep in your office, you'd survive that. But as much as you tried getting microphones out of your face and cameras away from your body, you found yourself stuck in a tar of humans. How... how would you get out of here.

"ARE YOU AND BRUCE TOGETHER?!"

If they got the answer maybe they'd leave. "Yes! Yes we are."

But it didn't stop.

"WHEN DID YOU MEET?"
"ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?"
"ARE YOU MERGING YOUR COMPANIES?"

Then it went silent for what seemed like a second before hell unleashed. The masses of Media then stepped aside and created a half moon. The source, you discovered, was a shining black car. Without a second thought you realised whose car it was and took rapid steps towards it. Managing to open the door you slid in and closed just as the media pressed itself again the car with cameras. Breathing out as if you just escaped death, you look to your left. Smiling, you watched as Bruce turned the gear and drove away from the crowd.

"Thanks, Bruce." You expressed, grateful he came by nevertheless.

"I know how hard they can bite." He sighed. "You alright?"

"I'm quite so... I hope I didn't interrupt something important for you."

"I rescheduled."

As much as you felt guilty for having him forced to cancel something you were happy he did. He drove back to his tower and due to the exit from the underground garage you managed to avoid further press. He asked if you had things here so you could work in his office, something you did. It felt as if someone had flicked a switch, as the employees you walked past sent curious looks.

Sitting with a cup of coffee a few hours later, preparing to go into a meeting you receive a call. It's your brother.

"Brother." You saw how Bruce looked up for a few seconds at you as you stated your brother's name, but you gave an assuring nod that it was fine.

"Sister. How are things in Gotham?" His voice sounded strained, as if he really tried to sound nice but failed.

"They are wonderful, brother. The company is going great, and better than ever." Ignoring his distasteful tone, you told him the truth.

"I have noticed. Perhaps thanks to you spreading your legs, it seems." His tone stern.

"Sorry? For whatever reason you have to believe you're allowed to speak like that to me, or anyone, it's not only pathetic and once more points out evidently how incompetent you'd be at running this business." You snarled, "Insult me all you want, you still won't get it. Now did you want something else?"

"Perhaps not, but only terrible things will come out of merging the two enterprises." He spat, "And if you do, I'll for sure have a say." 

"Is that a threat?"

"See it as fact; consequences of what will happen." He calmly replied, "Sister." He then hung up and you looked at the screen, quite frustrated. Bruce looked up from his computer, 

"Everything alright? What did he want?"

"He's beyond reason." You sighed, "He wanted to point out his distrust in me running the company."

"Then he truly is a fool." Bruce shrugged, "Comparing your companies' value it has increased since you took over."

Smiling you walked over to give him a quick kiss before grabbing your portfolio and heading into a video meeting.