Remnants of Despair - Special Chapter

A/N: So this is the Special that I planned to write after I reached Chapter 10. This is the reader with Nagito, both of them being Remnants of Despair. Well, the reader is pretending. I know that we just had the Christmas Chapter and that the main story will be delayed even more by this, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Warning: Spoilers to Danganronpa: Another Episode and it's a little.... suggestive at the beginning. Only for the first paragraph though! Sorry if you're uncomfortable with that kind of thing, I just wanted to make the chapter more sinister.

~Your POV~

Hands held my hips in a firm grip as lips made their way to my neck. Moments like these, the tender flesh of my neck would be abused by him in a intensity that always left me breathless. My neck, my chest, my stomach, my thighs, but never my lips. It was all nothing but raw passion. There was no love. It was merely acting upon desires to him and I would be left alone when he was done with me. But I treasured these moments with him. When he touched me, my skin burned and it showed that he needed me. Even if it was only for a little while, I was useful to him. The marks that he left on my body proved that I was his. He had claimed me for himself and that was the nearest that I had gotten to love, to his love, so I accepted it with open arms. I took everything that he had to give me.

Like I said, I was left alone once he was done with me. Laying on my back on the cold, hard floor. But after that I was left to my own devices. I spent that time supervising over the other Remnants of Despair, making sure that they were inflicting as much despair on the world as they could. Well, that was what Nagito always thought. It was the truth that I was watching over them all but it was false that I was influencing them to do things for the sake of despair. I was using their desire for despair to manipulate them, making sure that they would make choices that would actually lead to hope. I didn't want others to suffer. I didn't want them to suffer either. The only thing that I could do was to slowly, but surely, influence them and carve the way to hope for them. My title of the despicable True Ultimate Despair, successor of Junko Enoshima, was a mask to a near to powerless, lonely girl whose hope drove her forwards. The hope that was slowly being smothered by my love for a man who was drowning so deeply in despair. Despite the fact that I was surrounded by all of these people, I was lonely because they were shadows of the people that they were. They were shrouded in darkness and slowly my light was dimming. The friends and boy that had made me so happy were gone and there was next to no chance of bringing them back. I was holding onto the small threads that kept us altogether and if that had to be despair, then so be it. I sighed as I watched them kill and destroy everything in their paths without the slightest bit of regret on their faces. I ran a hand through my hair before I heard the door open and heavy footsteps echo as the figure walked towards me. I didn't even need to look at the person for I already knew who it was.

"How is your work coming along, Master (f/n)?" Nagito's cheerful voice invaded my ears as a tray full of snacks was set on my lap and he kneeled on the floor next to me, his eyes fixed on the monitor that I was watching.

It was always like this. I was selected by Junko Enoshima and because of that, he was inferior to me. He hung onto my every word and lived to serve me. However, he knew that I hadn't truly fallen into despair so he would 'put me in my place', as he so wonderfully put it. I was just the figurehead, there for everyone to admire. I was nothing more than a puppet and he was the one pulling the strings. He made it seem as if I had power and freedom, only to strip it from me. Why did he do this? Well, the answer is pretty simple and very typical for him. For hope.

"It's for hope, (f/n)! I'm going to make you fall into despair, over, over, and over again. And when you manage to become True Ultimate Despair and work your way out of it, you'll eradicate despair completely! You'll become the Ultimate Hope!"