A Grand Celestial Power?

Chapter 9

A Grand Celestial Power?

Natsu gave me a concerned look. "What's wrong?" "I had a dream about this a few days ago. If I'm right the person who will be walking out from those trees is none other than Grimoire's master, Hades." Sure enough, from the tree line, Hades makes his appearance. "Natsu you need to run!" "What do you mean? I'm not going anywhere!" "Please Nat..." Before I could finish Hades began to speak. "You thought you could escape that easily?" I could never let that happen. To think this all began because of some ridiculous contract." And just like in my dream I saw the fangs. "Vampire," I mumble. "I told you silly girl that I had bigger plans for you. You are going to be made into an example. An example to show why humans should never doubt or mess with vampires, that we are the greater race. I will use your example to rebirth the ideology of the dark guild, Phantom Lord and have vampires take their rightful place on top." I knew what was going to come next, but I was still frozen with fear. He began to create a ball of light in his hand and just like I remember I tried to block the impact by covering my face with my arms. With no surprise to me that impact never came. I uncovered my face and saw pink hair fall to the ground. "Natsu!" I yell. He was now on the ground, on his hands and knees. "Stupid boy, what do you think you're doing?!" "I never go back on promises," Natsu barely was able to say before coughing up drops of blood. I knew that this was what was going to happen, but yet I just stood there. Why did I not doing anything to get Natsu out of the way of the attack? I was even more enraged than what I remember feeling in my dream. "You bastard!" I began to shout, "what gives you the right to decide who is better than who? The way I see it you are nothing more than a coward! A power greedy, low-life bastard!" Tears were now flooding from eyes and my hands held in tight fists. "HOW DARE YOU!" Then as if right on cue I felt lightheaded and saw the bright white light.

-POV Natsu-

"HOW DARE YOU!" I heard Lucy yell. I looked over to her and saw her faint and fall to the ground. I wanted to help her, but the state I was in I couldn't move. I knew if Luce had been with that attack she would have been almost dead. "What did you do to her!" I yelled. A bright shown from where Lucy laid on the floor. I turned my head back into the forest when I heard running footsteps. "Who are you?" I questioned. It was the celestial spirit, Leo. Lucy didn't mention she had Leo's key. "What are you doing here?" In the mean time I had not noticed that the old man who was here had run off. "It's begun," I heard him say. Lucy's body was now levitating with the bright light surrounding her. "Like what the hell is going on with Lucy!" I yelled. He looked over towards me and helped me get up. "I'm Leo the lion. You can call me Loke, but no time for that. She has unlocked her ultimate power." "Ultimate power?" Lucy's eyes shot wide open as she let out a loud painful scream. The light started to fade and she was falling to the ground. Loke had caught her since I was still unable to move as fast. He looked at me with concern in his eyes. "We need to get her medical help now." "Let's take her to the guild's infirmary." Loke ran off ahead of me as I tried my best to hurry and keep up.

Back at the guild most of the members had returned already. Loke kicked the doors open and yelled for the master. Mira took Loke to the infirmary with Wendy following behind them. "Natsu what happened to her?" Gramps asked. "What did you do to my daughter?!" I heard her dad yell. "Now now Mr. Heartfilia, let's give Natsu a chance to explain himself." I stared at both of them remembering everything that happened. I explained everything that happened from finding the castle, taking down Zancrow, finding Lucy, the old man who showed up and the bright light around Lucy that led to her collapse. Her dad pinched the bridge of his nose and looked down at the ground. "Mr. Heartfilia?" I asked. He let out a sigh before answering. "Before Lucy's mother, Layla, passed away she wanted to make sure her daughter lived a happy life. Lucy's mother was also a celestial mage. She was an amazing one at that. Layla tried so hard to reach the ultimate power. The Celestial King saw great strength in her, but told her that it would be her next of kin who would be able to achieve such power." "This meaning Lucy," Gramps stated. "Yes, it would be Lucy. Layla knew when she had gotten sick that she was not going to be around much longer. Knowing this she knew she was not going to be around to teach Lucy about magic and the power she had within her. She placed a seal on Lucy limiting her magic use. Layla asked me to make sure that Lucy had a happy life. I tried to do this by keeping her in a non-magic school, but when she was dead set on attending Magnolia High her freshman I knew I would be going against Layla's wishes for our daughter. I agreed to her attending, against my better judgment." He looked up, I'm guessing thinking of his wife. "What is this ultimate power?" I finally questioned. "Layla explained it to me once, in case a moment like this should happen. In the Celestial World the king rules along with the help of the Celestial Dragon. His power rivals that of the king's. The seal Layla placed on Lucy could only be broken when Lucy was in severe fear of losing her loved ones and needed to protect them. From what Layla has told me it looks like Lucy has unlocked her Celestial Dragon Slayer magic." Celestial Dragon Slayer? Lucy was a dragon slayer? I was in complete shock. Igneel never mentioned anything of a celestial dragon. "But doesn't the mage need to be taught the magic by the dragon? That is what Igneel had told me." "Layla never explained that much of it to me. I don't know since the dragons reside in a different world, if that makes the magic process different." "I can go check the library." I heard a small voice say behind. I turned around to see Levy and Gajeel standing there. "I have special fast reading glasses so it shouldn't take me very long to find some information. Come on Gajeel, I'll probably need your height to help me out," she said with a sweet smile. "Gihee, right behind ya Shrimp."