Chapter one

"He's so beautiful" Mrs. Howell said looking down on her newborn baby. "What should we name him?" Mr. Howell asked his tired wife. "We should name him Dan." "Dan? I like that." Mr. Howell said kissing the top of his wifes head.
(Dan age 5, 3 months till "inking")
Dan was sitting in his room playing with toys unaware of what was happening downstairs. His parents were yelling at each other. His father would always come home from work drunk and his mother would try to get him to stop. "You have a 5 year old son and you still do this!!!" His mom yelled at his furious father. "You never look out for him!" "Maybe if you weren't such a bitch, I would help" His father drunkenly slurred out. Suddenly a loud crash echoed though the house. Dan walked down the stairs cautionly. He pushed his parents door open a little bit and peered in. There on the floor was his mom lying in a pool of blood. He looked up at his father, holding a broken alcohol bottle, covered in blood. Dan ran out of the house, down the street, before running into a boy. He was maybe 10 years old with curly brown hair and green eyes. "Oh im sorry" he said. "Im Pj, who are you?" Pj asked. Dan stayed silent, he didn't know how to talk. "Oh you can't talk." Dan nodded. "Come on, we can talk at my house" Pj said while grabbing Dan's small hand. "Here we are." Pj said leading Dan into his house. It was a decently sized house with a staircase on the left, a living room on the right, kitchen behind it and a hallway on the left of the kitchen. Pj set Dan on the couch. "Can you write?" Pj asked and Dan nodded his head. Pj got up and got paper and crayons. He set them down on the coffee table and sat next to Dan. "Can you write your name?" Pj asked. Dan nodded and began drawing out his name. "Dan, huh?" Dan nodded his head, "Thats a beautiful name." Dan wrote down on the paper 'Thanks'. "Can you tell me why you were running?" Pj asked and Dan sadly nodded. He drew a picture of what he saw earlier, his mother on the ground in a pool of blood and his father covered in blood. Pj looked at the drawing and frowned. "Im going to go out for a little bit, you stay right here." Pj said before walking out to Dan's house. He kinda had an idea of where it was because of the direction Dan was running from. He stopped infront of a old looking yellow house. All the paint was chipping and it looking uncared for. Pj knocked on the door and it opened on contact. Pj walked it and yelled out "Hello?!" With no answer. He went to the left and saw a room with the door slightly open. He peeked in and was met with a gruesome sight. The mother was dead on the ground with blood surrounded with blood. Hanging from the ceiling with a noose, was the father covered in blood. Dan didn't mention the father dead in the picture Pj thought. Pj went over and called the police before walking back home.
(Dan aged 5, 2 months till inking)
After Dan's parents died he got adopted by Pj's family and they learned that he was mute so they taught him sign language.
(Dan aged 5, 1 month till inking)
"Dan do you know what "inking" means?" Pj asked Dan. 'No' Dan signed. "In one month you will get this" Pj said showing him his wrist. "It says the name of your soulmate." 'Whats that' Dan signed. "A soulmate is like your second half, like your perfect lover." Pj said "Do you understand?" 'Yes' Dan said.
(Dan age 6, day of inking)
"Dan are you excited?" Mrs. Liguori asked Dan. Dan nodded his head excitedly. "What's your name?" The lady who worked there asked. She had black hair in 2 buns and brown eyes. "His name is Dan" Mrs. Liguori said.
Time skip to after tattoo
"So what does it say?" Pj asked Dan. Dan pulled back his sleeve to reveal the name 'Phil'. "Oh you got a boy too." Pj said, showing the name 'Chris' on his wrist. "And this Phil guy has your name on his wrist too."